School friends

This is the first of the few parts that I will be adding occasionally, I hope you like it! Josh is about a year old, so Cat is almost 5 and Ally is 2.

Cat is having one of her friends from school sleepover, which means Brad and I have to keep Ally and Josh entertained so they don't bother them. We try putting a movie on for them, and I leave to get us some popcorn, but Josh freaks out because he always has to be close to me. I pick him up and set him on the counter "It's okay, buddy, I was going to be right back." He just gives me a blank stare, so I go on and finish with the popcorn. I grab some of his treats since he can't eat it, and when the popcorn is done I get everything, and he walks beside me back into the living room. Brad takes the popcorn from me and lets Ally get some "Should we go check on Catie? It's kinda quiet, and they are only 5." I think about it, and he has a very good point "Yes, but you should. I can't really get up." I point out that Josh is back on my lap. He goes to check on the girls, who are probably just drawing or watching the movie we put on for them, and comes back about 5 minutes later.

"Well, they put a bunch of stickers on me, but otherwise they're mostly watching their more." He pulls off 3 or the stickers putting one on Ally, Josh and I "I think maybe those were for you guys."

Josh starts to freak out realizing there's something on him, so I take it off and give it to Ally, who wants it anyway "Just don't put it on the furniture." I tell her when she starts playing with it.

"Mommy, it stuck!" She yells when it gets stuck in her hair. 

Brad takes the hint when I glare over at him and carefully gets it out of her hair and throwing all the stickers away "You can't put it in your hair, it could get stuck and need to be cut out." He puts her on his lap and moves over closer to Josh and I wrapping his free arm around me and the kids cuddle closer together, too. Ally wraps her arms around Josh "protecting" him, and stays like that with him leaning on her, until Catie and her friend, Carmen, walk in the living room.

"We're hungry." Cat says to me trying to get me to make them some food. I walk into the kitchen and make them each a sandwich and give them juice pouches "Make sure you're careful with them." I grab some paper towels and follow them into the playroom so I can put a new movie on, and put an old towel under them to keep them from making a mess "You guys can watch this movie yet, then you have to go to bed." 

I leave them with that, and go back into the living room to find both Ally and Josh crawling around and jumping on Brad and they're all laughing. I sit next to him and start to tickle them and they squirm around like crazy yelling at me to stop. Brad starts to tickle me back trying to get them to join in, and soon we're all on the floor laughing and tickling each other like crazy. I lay on top of Brad holding him down letting the kids think they won, and he pulls me closer, kissing me quickly and I get up so he can too.

"I'll win next time!" He says directed to Ally and Josh as he gets up. 

We sit on the couch and Ally and Josh jump right up on our laps showing us all the energy they have "Maybe we can put them on the treadmill or something." I joke to Brad.

"That's actually a good idea." He picks Ally up and she freaks out at the thought of having to do something. I take her from him and set her next to Josh on my lap letting them sit together. Ally pulls Josh closer to her to hug him, but it really looks like she's ready to strangle him. When I ask her what she's doing she replies, "I protect him."

"Awe, that's sweet, honey." I tell her, then look around to see if the dogs are around or if anyone walked in, and don't see anything. She knows she doesn't have to protect him from Brad and I so I ask what she's protecting him from.

"The monsters." She says as serious as she can, looking at me like I'm crazy for not seeing them. "What monsters?" I ask her, scared we're going to have another problem where she thinks they're all over. She points to different places around the living room "Those monsters." 

Brad and I look at each other knowingly, and he decides he has an idea. He leaves for the kitchen and a few minutes later returns with a spray bottle filled with water explaining to Ally that the "Special spray" will make all the monsters go away "Where are they now?" He asks and she shows him, then gets all excited when he sprays the water to "Make them go away."

She runs back over to me and gets back on my lap. This time, instead of almost strangling him, she lightly wraps her arms around Josh and they both lay there together until they fall asleep. I notice, but don't tell Brad right away because I like them being so close. He looks over after a while, and doesn't say anything because he like the quiet just like me. When the movie ends, we decide it's time to take them up for bed, and Brad takes Josh, and I take Ally, then we go back down to get Cat, and Carmen. 

I turn the TV off, and pick up their trash then go back to find them both almost asleep "It's time for bed, girls." We help them get their stuff then follow them to Cat's room, saying goodnight, and once they're settled we go to our room, to finally have some time to ourselves. 

Brad walks up to me as I'm in the middle of changing and wraps his arms around me while he kisses my neck "I love you." He says as he turns me around to kiss me. 

I smile, content and kiss him back "I love you more." He finds a tank top, and shorts for me to wear in case any of the kids get up, and dresses me like I'm 2, "You should be spoiled." He says when I comment on it. Before I have the chance to say anything else, he kisses me again with more passion than before. I kiss back for a while, then stop letting him know I don't want it to go too far. When we separate he looks at me confused, so I explain to him "We don't want to scar another persons kid, they could wake up at any time." I remind him of Carmen sleeping over. 

"Fine." He reluctantly agrees with me "Tomorrow you don't have any excuses." He grabs my hand and pulls me over to the bed. We both get in, and i go closer to him, letting him wrap his arms around me "You don't have to worry about tomorrow." I say before kissing him one last time and falling asleep in his arms.