Mistakes

"Cat, it's getting late, you need to change into your pajamas, It's bed time!" I say pulling them out and helping her change.

She stops me and moves away a little "I can do it, mommy." She finishes getting changed, putting her dirty clothes on a pile.

I pick up her dirty clothes and put them in her hamper "This is where you need to put your clothes from now on, okay?"

"Okay, mommy. Story time?" She asks

"A real quick one if you get in bed now." I smile and she does as I say. I pull the covers up for her and sit next to her, telling her a story about a princess named Cat, who marries a prince named Derek and they live happily ever after. She falls asleep and I kiss her before leaving her room.

It's almost 8:30, and I'm starting to worry about Brad since he isn't home yet. He told me he'd be home by 8 to help me pack for New York. I go to Ally's room to check on her and she is sleeping soundly. I get her bag and put it at the steps with Cat's bags so Brad can take them down when he gets home.

As I finish packing my makeup bag there's a nock at the door. I run downstairs, bag I hand, and answer the door hitting Brad with my bag "Why the hell are you so late? You said you'd be home by 8!" I look at my watch "It's 9:30!" I hit him again.

He leans in to kiss me and I immediately smell the alcohol on his breath. I back away quickly so I don't get sick again, running upstairs and he follows me.

"Before you even speak you better get in the shower! You smell like alcohol and it's making me sick." I yell, pointing at the the bathroom with my arms folded.

As he showers I finish packing my things and throw some things in his suitcase. When he's done he comes out and gets dressed.

"Why are you so mad? Relax, babe." He slurs walking towards me.

"I'm not mad, I'm annoyed because you said you'd be here to help me pack for the trip! Then you come home not only late, but drunk too. At this point, Ally would be a better help than you!" I sigh and sit on the bed with my head in my hands.

Brad comes over next to me and pushes the hair out of my face "I'm sorry, Jen. George kept buying me drinks and we lost track of time." He takes my hand "I love you."

"Baby, I love you too, but you need to think more about your family and your plans with us, rather than getting drunk with your friends." I squeeze his hand for emphasis.

"I know, Jen, this won't happen again." He assures me, looking deep into my eyes.

"It better not." I smile, "if it does, you're gonna be out on the street looking for somewhere to live." I laugh

"It's a deal." He says and kisses my hand.

"Good, now finish packing, you jackass." I say as he does so.

"Hey, no name calling!" He laughs and puts his suitcase by the rest.

"That was not nice, but at the moment it's the truth. Let's just get some sleep so we can get up early tomorrow." I shut off the light and get in bed.

"Alright." Brad says getting into bed "I love you."

"I love you too." I snuggle up to him.