Family time

"Catie, get up, we have to go to the doctors." I tell her trying to get her up

She rolls over "Not sick, no doctor."

I get her clothes out "It's not for you, it's for me. They need to check the baby."

"Baby sick?" she gets out of bed slowly.

"No," I start to dress her "They just need to make sure she's ok."

"Jen, hurry up, we're going to be late!" Brad yells from downstairs

I hold Catie's hand and walk downstairs "We're ready."

Brad puts Catie in her car seat and gets in the car "I say she tells you that you'll make it another 2 weeks."

"2 weeks is a little too early. What about 3?"

Brad looks back at Catie "Pick a number 2 or 3."

"3."

"Okay, you win, I guess we'll see what she says."

We get in the room and the doctor asks about complications, weighs, and measures me.

"I don't think you're going to go till the 10th, but I guess we'll see what the baby has planned."

"How much longer do you think?" I ask

She looks at her chart "Well based off of what I have here I'd say about 3 weeks. So maybe closer to the 3rd."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." she smiles "I don't see any problems, so you're free to go. Just make an appointment for 2 weeks from now, and let me know if anything happens in the meantime."

We get up to leave and I make the appointment.

"I think we better go home." Brad motions to Cat sleeping "She's tired."

"I'm fine with that, I could sleep too."

"Let's go. Maybe later we can do something." he puts Cat in her seat and gets in the car

"I'm too tired to do anything."

"Jen, we have like 3 weeks like with just Catie, I know you're tired, but can't we do something with her?"

"Fine." I sigh "But not anything major."

He starts driving "Maybe we can go to your parents they got back yesterday, right?"

"Yeah, Sherry texted me they wanted to talk at some point."

"Is something wrong?" he asks

"I don't think so. They probably just want to know how we are."

"Okay," he pulls into the driveway "Do you want Cate with you?"

I get out "Yeah, just put her in our bed."

Brad carries Catie up and I lay down with her ready to fall asleep.

"Mommy"

"What sweetie?"

"Baby ok?"

"Yeah, Catie, baby is ok."

We fall asleep, and a few hours later I'm woken up by Brad.

"Babe, wake up." Brad whispers to me.

"Why? I'm tired."

"Your dad called, we need to go to the hospital." He says as I get out of bed grabbing my purse.

"What happened? Who is it?"

"It's Alex, someone lost control of their car and ran right into his. That's all he said on the phone." Brad gets Catie and we drive to the hospital.