Vacationing With the Pitts part 1

"Hey, we're here," Brad wakes up the kids as our plane lands in Scotland "Get your stuff and let's get off."

They all wake up grabbing their carryon bags and meet with us to pick up our other luggage. I quickly run the list of what we need to do through my head as I try to make sure the trip has as few setbacks as possible. Brad, on the other hand wants to find a pub so he can get a beer and the kids and I can eat.

"Let's go to that one," Brad points out the first pub that he sees "The sign says kids welcome." We all follow him into the pub, and take seats at a table and are soon handed menus. We immediately order our food as we're all starving, and decide what we want to do for the few hours before bed.

"We do have live entertainment here in about an hour," the waitress suggests "Kids are fine until 10."

Brad and I look to the kids for an answer "That sounds good."

Brad and I move up to sit at the bar next to the table leaving the kids to socialize with some other teenagers about their age. They seem to be having lots of fun, and fit it a lot better than I first thought they would. The entertainment ends up being a local band that plays some of their own music, as well as come covers of other songs. It ends up being a great night.

-

"Mom, dad!!! Wake up!!" The kids bang on the door, probably waking neighboring vacationers. I start to get up grabbing the sheets to cover myself when I feel Brad stop me.

"They can wait a few minutes," He pulls me closer to him "Just stay here for a little." I give in, and lay in my favorite place; in his arms, where I feel the safest.

I close my eyes for a few minutes trying to block out the sounds of the kids try to knock down the door, but decide to get up once I hear them talking to a maid. Brad gets up as well handing me a robe to cover up and answer the door.

"Yes?" I peek my head out the door at the kids.

"Okay, first gross," Cat points out knowing that I'm naked under the robe "We want to eat breakfast. We're hungry." I tell them that we'll be out shortly and close the door so that I can quickly join Brad in the shower and get dressed.

"Can we go now?" Ally is practically bouncing out of her seat from excitement about what we have planned to do today. We literally just finished eating.

"Yeah, please?!?" Josh begs as well. We decide it's time, so we pay our bill, and leave to start our exploration. We're staying in the small, but beautiful town called Edinburgh.

We walk all around through the town taking in all the scenery while trying not to get lost at the same time. Catie, Ally and I decide that we want to do some shopping, while Brad and Josh go to people watch, and probably annoy people.

"Girls, just remember we have 3 more weeks, try not to buy too much." I try to remind them, but I'm basically talking to air seeing that they're already running through and grabbing clothing. This should be fun when I give them a spending limit.

I go to look around and find some things for myself when I feel my phone vibrate:
Castle in about an hour? We're getting bored.

I laugh and text him back:
Sure, I just need to find them first.

I look through the store until I eventually find the girls, both with piles of clothing in their hands, and decide I need to stop this.

"2 things each. We need to keep our luggage light." They run around putting the rest back and then meet me back at the counter where we pay for what we got before going to meet Brad and Josh.