She's 3

The night before Cat's birthday party Brad, my mom and I stay up finishing one of her presents, cleaning, and decorating.

"I can't believe she's already 3. I remember when we brought her home from the hospital like it was yesterday. I miss all of that."

Brad hangs up one side of the blanket "Well, you're going to be doing that again in a month."

"I know, I just can't believe it's been 3 years already! She's growing up too fast." I help Brad hang up the other side. "So what now?"

"Well, I think the fort room is done, so I guess help your mom decorate." Brad walks towards the living room "Where do you want the tables?"

"One on the deck, and one in the living room." I point out where "I'm going over to my mom."

"Hey do you need any help with anything?" I sit next to her "Brad's getting the tables."

"Just putting names on cups." she gives me cups "You're better at that than me."

I start writing names "So, when are John, Shannon, and El getting here?"

"Around 10 tomorrow morning."

"I'm really excited to see them. I miss them all." I put the cups to the side "I can't wait to see her face tomorrow and see how the party goes."

"It's going to be so cute! I can't wait to see how excited all of them are." she puts her cups with mine "Is Brad staying in the pool with them?"

"Yeah, I'm going to do the food and everything and he'll do activities." I get up "I'm going to bed. I don't think she's going to sleep long and I'm tired.

(Skip to the next morning.)

"Mommy, daddy wake up! I 3!" Cate yells between us in bed

"That's right, princess, you're 3 today!" Brad hugs her "Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks daddy."

I start to cry "Happy Birthday, baby!"

"Don't cry mommy."

"Sorry, I just can't believe that you're already 3." I wipe away my tears "I love you."

"Love you too ,mommy." Cat stands up and walks to the bottom of our bed "Present time!"

"I guess we can go down." I get up "Can we eat before presents?"

"Fast!" Cat walks over to Brad so he carries her downstairs

"Are you excited for your party?" I start making pancakes

"Yeah! Swimming."

"Are you going to stay with me in the pool?" Brad asks

"Yeah, we play games."

I walk over with the pancakes "Just be careful in the pool. Make sure you wear your floaties."

"I will." Cat stuffs as much pancakes in her mouth as she can.

Brad leans over to me "I think she's excited."

"Me too. She'll be done before we even start."

My mom walks in the kitchen "Happy Birthday, Cat!"

"Thanks, grandma!"

"Hi, mom." I give her a plate "She's really excited today."

She sits down "I can tell. She's already done eating."

"Cat, do you want more?" Brad walks over to her

"No. Present time."

"Not yet, you have wait for mommy and grandma to eat." He cleans her "Let's go finish putting up decorations."