Too tired to fight

"You're an ass!" I yell at Brad as I get back in bed for the third time "You can't get up with her once?! You're supposed to be helping me."

"I have to be up by 5 to get to set by 7. I need to sleep." he rolls over "You aren't doing anything tomorrow anyway."

I get in bed "I can't believe you. You really don't care about anyone but youself."

He sits up "Fine you want to talk about this, make a schedule about who wakes up? Let's do it."

"No. I'm too tired to this shit. Just let me go to sleep."

I wake up a few hours later to Brad getting ready to leave "When will you be home?"

"Hopefully by like 4." he walks towards the door "Go back to sleep, you need it."

Right as I'm about to sleep I hear Ally crying again so I go to her room to change her.

"Go back to bed, I can do this." my mom says walking in the room

"Are you sure? You don't have to do this."

She takes Ally from me "I came to help. Besides, you look like shit. You need to sleep."

"Yeah, well tell that to Brad. Maybe then he'll get up with her."

"He really doesn't get up?" she starts to change Ally "I always thought he helped with that."

I sit in the rocker "He was great with Cat, we kinda split who got up. Now, he hasn't gotten up with her more than like 2 times. He's great otherwise, but it's starting to piss me off."

"Does he know?" She asks

"I said a little about it last night and he just said he'll try to help more, then at 3 in the morning after the third time I was up with her he just said he has to be up by 5."

She puts Ally back in her crib "Well, you guys need to talk about it when he gets home. Go back to bed, I'll get up with them for a while. There's bottles for Ally, right?"

"Yeah, in the fridge." I start walking towards our room "Thanks so much for helping."

Brad sits on the side of the bed causing me to wake up again "Hey, it's time to get up."

"Did I sleep until 4?!" I sit up

"No, they let me out early. It's 1." he hands me new clothes "Your mom took Catie for ice cream, and Ally's in her seat thing." He points to the side of our room "We really need to talk."

"Yeah, you're right. So, why won't you get up with her at night? And don't say it's because you have to get up early. I got up with Catie while doing Friends."

He sighs and sits down next to me "I guess I just don't feel like it."

"Do you really think I do? I haven't slept right in the last few months and now I'm getting up all the time when you could easily get up once or twice."

"I didn't realize how hard it was on you. I'll try to get up with her,  but next time just tell me. Don't start yelling at me in the middle of the night." he picks up Ally "I want to be close with her like I am Catie, I promise,  I'll try."

"Thank you. That's all I want,  is for you to try. It will really help me a lot."

"You're welcome." he kisses me "I love you."

"Love you, too." I look at Ally and see her smiling "I think she likes it when you hold her."

"Well I love holding her." he looks at her "You know, for a while after we found out you were pregnant again, I didn't know how I could love someone as much as I love Catie, but the minute I saw her, I knew I did."

"it really is amazing how much you love them, I really would do anything for them." I get up "I'm gonna go down, and get something to eat."

He follows "I'm think I'll come with."

I walk into the kitchen and look for food "What's dinner later?"

"I was thinking burgers." he gives me Ally "I have a small cheesecake hidden in the back of the fridge we can eat now if you want."

"That sounds really good! Who's it hidden from?"

"Catie. I don't think she needs any type of cake." Brad gets the cake and some plates then we sit down at the table "I have to tell you something."

I look up at him worried "What?"

"I'm thinking about dropping out of the movie." he looks from me to Ally "I can't just keep leaving you with them once your mom leaves. I miss you so much."

"Brad, you've been wanting to do this for a long time. I can handle it, I have help from others too. Once Ally's a little bigger I'll bring them to visit you."

He gives me a piece of the cake "I just feel horrible for leaving you when I could be here if I didn't sign on to it."

"Whatever you do, just remember that I have help, and that you've been excited for this movie."

"I'll remember." he smiles "So what are we going to do when your mom and Cate get back?"

"Well my mom leaves tomorrow so I guess something with all of us."

"Maybe we could go in the pool." he looks outside "It looks nice out."

"That sounds good."

A few hours later my mom, Brad and Cate are in the pool and I'm sitting on the chairs with Ally.

"Mommy come in!" Cat yells

I put Ally in her seat and get in the pool "Damn. This is cold."

Brad swims over and hugs me "I'll warm you up."

"You guys have an incredible view of the city." My mom looks around "It's beautiful."

"I love it." I go over to her and Cat "it's amazing later at night when all the lights are on."

"That's why I like night swimming so much." Brad picks up Cat "We used to come out when she was asleep."

"You mean." she fights to get out of his arms.

"You think daddy's mean?" my mom laughs "Earlier you said mommy was."

Cat looks at both of us "They both mean."

"Then I guess if we're mean we don't have to let you sleep with us tonight. Only nice parents would do that."

"No you nice!" she quickly yells to save herself

I take her from Brad "We love you, Catie."

"Love you too mommy and daddy."