He's old

Careful not to wake Brad I walk out into my mom's kitchen where I see her sitting at the table with the girls.

Catie runs up to me holding a picture "Look what I made daddy!!"

I look at the picture then give it's back to her "He's gonna love it, seeetie!" I go to the table and sit with them "Wow, there's a lot of pictures."

My mom looks up from helping Ally "Are you guys okay now? You still seemed a little upset yesterday."

"I think we're fine. We talked a little more about it last night, and I know he really is sorry." I get a drink and sit back down "I can't stay mad at him forever anyway."

"Everybody needs breaks sometimes. I'm sure he didn't mean for it to go as far as it did." She starts to clean up "We should probably start to make breakfast."

"Cat, what do you want to make?" I ask cleaning Ally up "Pancakes, French Toast or waffles?"

"Pancakes!" She goes over to the counter "What I do?"

"You can help me pour this into the bowl." My mom let's her help hold the milk "Now we put some of the pancake mix."

I let Ally run around while I get the pan ready and get plates and cups out "Ally, stay in the kitchen, we can't wake daddy yet."

She runs into my legs lifting her arms "Mama up!"

I pick her up and sit her on the counter where I can see her "Sit here until we're done." I start to make some of the pancakes "Cat, can you take Ally and play for a little?"

She does so and my mom and I finish the pancakes.

"He's really going to love this." My mom starts setting the table "I hope you guys have a fun time tonight." Brad decided that he doesn't want anything major, just a day with the girls then for the two of us to go on a date.

"Thanks so much for watching them." I finish the pancakes and turn the burner off "I guess I should go get the girls and wake him."

She takes the pancakes "I'll get everything set up out here."

I get both girls and quietly walk into our room putting Ally on our bed and Cat wakes Brad "Happy Birthday, daddy!"

He slowly sits up picking up Ally and pulling Cat closer to him and looks at me "Why are you not in bed with us?"

I lay on the side of him "I wanted you to see them first." I lean in and kiss him "Happy Birthday, baby."

"Thanks all of you!" He pulls us all closer "This is already a great day."

I put Ally on the floor and Cat gets off the bed too "We made you a breakfast. Come out and eat and get your presents." I leave with them and wait for him.

He comes out a few minutes later where my mom greets him then we all eat "Thanks so much for all of this."

"You welcome, daddy!" Cat hands him their drawings "These are for you."

He takes and looks at the pictures then reads the messages "Did mommy tell you I'm old?" He asks laughing. Cat shakes her head and he looks over at me "That's mean. You know, you aren't much younger."

"5 years, I'm only 36. You're 41." I get his other presents "These are for you."

"I love them, thanks guys!" He says opening the presents "These are great."

We finish eating and all get ready then go to do some sightseeing.

"The city is amazing." Brad looks around as we walk "I've never been here that I could just enjoy it and see things like this."

"I miss a lot of it. Not all the annoying crazy people, but the idea of not being alone." I point towards a building "That's where I went for my acting school."

My mom stops walking and stares at it for a minute "Every time I pass that building it reminds me of you. You had such a huge passion for acting."

"I'm glad she did." Brad wraps his arm around me as we continue to walk "I'm don't know if we would have met."

"Daddy!" Ally yells putting her arms up for Brad to hold her. He does so and she lays her head on his shoulder resting.

"We should have brought her stroller with." I run my hands through her hair "She'll be asleep before we're home."

"That's great." My mom gives me a slightly annoyed look "I guess that means she's not napping for me."

Brad moves Ally a little "Do you want us to try to keep her up? We can have her walk a little or something."

"No, you're fine." My mom keeps Catie from running "Maybe we should go somewhere she can run around and do what she wants."

We walk to a playground and Brad and Cat play for a while and I sit with my mom so Ally can sleep. After they're done we go back and Brad and I get ready for our date.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask after we've been walking about 20 minutes. He decided he wants us to go unnoticed, so we're walking through quiet streets to get wherever we're going.

He quickly turns a corner towards the back of a building and holds the door open for me. I look confused but he starts to walk in so I follow "You'll see when we get there."

We walk up a flight of stairs then a lady hands me keys and tells me to open the door to the left "Brad, what is this?"

"I know it's my birthday, but I wanted to surprise you. That's why I wanted to come to New York. I bought an apartment, I thought we could have a nice dinner here, where we won't get noticed."

I walk around the apartment for a while until I walk into the kitchen where Brad is already sitting "I love it here. How did you get it set up already?"

"I had some help from your mom." He smiles and pulls me over to the table "I ordered us Chinese since I remembered you wanted some earlier. It should be here in 20 minutes."

"You're the best." I kiss him and pull a box out of my purse with his present in it "Happy Birthday!" I already gave him what he thought was all of his presents earlier so he looks at confused and I hand it to him "Just open it, I wanted to wait until we were alone."

He opens it revealing a book of 42 things i love about him. After reading through it he looks up at me and pulls me onto his lap "This was so cute. Thank you so much, I love it."

"I wanted to be creative. I could've though of more, but some I'd rather say than write down." I get the food when the delivery guy knocks then we eat "So, it's your birthday. What else do you want to do?"

"Just sit around here and spend time with you." He cleans up our food once we're done "Maybe you could tell me some of the things you didn't want to write down?"

I pull him over to the couch so we can sit "I think that sounds like a good idea." I sit on his lap wrapping my arms around his neck looking in his eyes for a little before I kiss him, then decide to tell him. "I love that you're so sweet to me, how excited you are about the baby, your huge heart."

Before I can say more he has already pulled me closer to him kissing me "This day was so amazing, you, the girls, and your mom made it perfect."

"We had to have the perfect day for the perfect man."