Sights

"Mommy, where are we?" Cat asks we for the 10th time while we walk around the city.

I stop her from walking in the street and hold her hand "Were in New York City, going to the big Toys R Us store, but if you keep running off we're going back home."

Ally keeps yelling "Mommy" so Brad finally gives her to me "I don't get what's so wrong with me."

"She just loves me more." I put her down so she can walk while holding my hand "You need to be careful where you walk."

"There toys!!!" Ally yells pointing towards the store.

"Yeah!" Brad helps her cross the street "That's where we're going."

Cat stands looking at all the toys once we get in the store "I want everything!"

"Me too!" Ally jumps around in the cart

"You guys can each get a few things." I follow as Brad pushes the cart "We're getting toys to donate too."

"Why?" Cat asks

"Because we're giving them to the kids that don't have toys." Brad helps her get one of the dolls she wants "Pick another one too."

Cat picks one to donate and we go to the next isle and let her pick out a bunch of coloring books, play doh, and other craft supplies.

"Ally, what do you want?" I ask watching her walk around "Do you want some new blocks?"

"Yeah." She tries to pick up the bag

I take it from her and put it in the cart and follow her around to other isles "What about a little shopping cart and some fake food and drinks?" I ask pointing to the boxes for her to see. She shakes her head yes so I get two of everything putting it in the cart then she picks out some movie and TV show dvds and we let Cat look again.

"I want this, and this and that." She says pointing to some outdoor toys, play house toys and a few other little things.

Brad puts everything in the cart "Let's go before they see more." He walks towards the checkout and we pay then walk back to the new apartment.

"Thank God this is so close to the store." I say as I drop some of the bags on the table "I'll separate them later."

Ally walks over to Brad and I "Mommy, daddy play." She pulls us over to her toys "sit."

I sit and she craws into my lap and I show her some of her toys "What's this?" I ask showing her a stuffed animal dog.

"That Norman." She takes it from me "He dog."

"Where is Norman?" Brad asks her

"He home." She crawls over to her blocks and brings some over for us "We build."

Cat, Brad and I help her build for a while then I leave to start making dinner. My mom walks in soon after and we talk for a while, then I get everyone to sit so we can eat.

"Ally, you need to keep your toys on the floor. You're going to get food on them." I take the blocks and put them on the floor then sit next to Brad "I like it here."

He smiles and looks at my mom "I think we did pretty good picking out this place and decorating."

"I loved working with you." My mom gets up taking a picture out of her purse and putting it on a shelf "I thought you guys would like this."

I look over at the picture then lean over and hug her "I love it! That's always been my favorite of you and I."

After dinner I sit on the couch watching TV with Cat while Brad plays with Ally.

"Mommy" Cat says moving over and sitting on my lap "We go home soon?"

I stroke her hair for a while "Soon, sweetie, we're staying here another day. Did you have fun today?"

She sits up a little laying her head on my stomach wrapping her arms around me as far as she can "Yeah. I like the toys."

"I was hoping you would." I kiss her forehead "I think it's soon time for you to go to bed."

"No, I watch TV with you." She protests giving me a sad look "Ally still up."

I look over to where her and Brad are playing and notice it doesn't look like she's going to sleep any time soon "Fine, you can stay up, but only for a little."

"I'm almost 4 I stay up late." She says showing me 4 fingers on her hand trying to prove her point.

"I know how old you are, but you have to listen to daddy and I until you're at least 18."

Brad walks over with Ally telling me to get up and follow him. We walk up some steps then he opens to door to the roof "It's a full moon, I thought we could look out at the stars for a while." He puts Ally and Cat on one blanket then pulls me towards the one a little behind them "I brought some pillows and extra blankets too."

I sit down and wait for him them wrap the blanket around us "I don't think I've ever done this before, on a roof at least."

We sit silent for a while taking turns looking up at the starts and watching the girls. They run around a little until they start to get tired and both lay sleeping on their blanket.

"I was kinda hoping they would fall asleep." Brad says looking over at them.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"So I could do this." He kisses me deeply and passionately for a minute they lays we down carefully until we're making out for a few minutes. He stops and sits up next to me "I missed doing that on random nights like this."

"I miss it too, I miss a lot." I laugh to myself "But I wouldn't change it for what we have."