Home

"Do you have everything ready?" Brad asks looking around the room

"Yeah." I pick up Ally's carrier "I'm ready."

"Let's go home." he says as we get in the car and drive home

"I hope Catie was good for Courteney." I say as I get out of the car with Ally

Brad opens the door "I'm sure she was."

Catie runs up to me "Mommy home!!"

I pick her up "Yeah, sweetie, I'm home."

"Where baby?"

I take Ally out of her carrier and go over to the couch "Here. Do you want to hold her again?"

"Yeah." Cat puts Ally on her lap

"She's so adorable, Jen!" Courteney says looking at her "Where's Brad?"

"Putting stuff away. We got a few things on the way back."

"Your parents were so happy when I came to stay. They're so excited about Ally." Courteney gets up "I have to go back to David and Coco, but call if you need anything."

Ally starts to cry and Catie tries to get up "Mommy she want you."

I pick her up to calm her down "Can you get one of the diapers and wipes over on the table?"

Catie hands me what I asked and I change Ally so she stops crying and grab Cat's hand "Let's go see what daddy's doing."

Catie let's go of my hand and points in front of her "There grandma!"

"No, grandma isn't here." I look up and realize Catie was right "Oh, I guess she is."

She runs up and my mom picks her up "Hi, grandma!"

"Hi, Catie!" she looks at me "Hey, Jen."

"Hi, mom. I thought you were coming next week?"

"I wanted to surprise you." she puts Cat down "Can I hold her?"

"Yeah, of course." I hand her Ally

"Wow, she's gorgeous. She looks so much like Brad does in that picture." she points to a picture of Brad from when he was a kid "She definitely looks like his kid."

"I would hope she does." Brad walks in "Unless Jen has a secret."

"Yeah" I joke "She's totally the mail man's kid."

"You guys are cute." my mom laughs "Catie, do you like your sister?"

"Yeah, she really small." Cate points to the bag I brought "She staying?"

I lean down to her "Of course she is. We're her family, you stayed when we brought you home from the hospital."

After a few hours Ally is sleeping, Cat is drawing in a book on the floor and Brad, my mom and I are sitting on the couch talking.

"So, did your dad and Sherry get to the hospital?" my mom asks

"Yeah, they came for a while. I was asleep at first. They brought Cate home until this morning when Court came."

"That's good." she smiles "I'm glad they got to see her."

"They seemed really happy." Brad gets up "I'm gonna go make dinner."

I look over at my mom "How long are you here?"

"Just a few days. I wish I could stay longer, but I really miss NY when I'm not there." she looks at Ally and Catie "I'm really going to miss them. You and Brad too of course."

"We're all going to miss you too. Maybe in a few months we can visit. I miss New York."

"Just wait like 4 or 5 months. I don't want to hear a baby crying all night." she laughs "But seriously, visit. I'd love it."

"We'll have to think about it."

She gets up "I'm going to go unpack. I'll be back down."

"Okay. Thanks for coming." I walk out to Brad "Dinner looks good."

"I try my best." he smirks "Where is everyone?"

"They all left when you said you were cooking." I joke "My mom's unpacking, and the girls are in the living room."

He wraps his arms around me "I love you."

"I love you too." I kiss him "So much."

"I hope everything goes well."he let's go of me "With Cat and Ally."

"I'm sure it will." I sit down "They'll be fine."

A few minutes later Cat comes running up to me in the kitchen "Mommy! Norman eat Ally!"

Brad walks over to us "Cat, what do you mean?"

"Look!!" she yells as Ally starts to cry

I walk into the living room to see Norman sniffing Ally "Awe, did you finally get to meet the new baby?" I ask as I pick up Ally

Brad walks in with Cat "is everything okay?"

"Yeah, he was just sniffing her." I calm Ally "I think she's back asleep."

Cate jumps up to see her "Why she sleep? It day time."

"She's taking a nap like you do." I put Ally in her chair and we go back in the kitchen.

My mom walks in "I heard running,  is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Normal was sniffing Ally and Cat thought he was eating her." Brad puts the food on the table.

"Awe, that's cute." she sits down "So is Ally still sleeping?"

"Yeah, she cried for like 5 minutes, then fell asleep."

"She cry a lot." Catie says stuffing her face "She loud."

"You're loud too, sometimes. All babies cry, you'll get used to it." I start to eat

My mom hands me an envelope "This is for you."

I start to open it "What's this?" I look inside and see a card of congratulations for Brad and I "Awe, thanks, mom."

"You're welcome, sweetie. I wish I could stay and help you guys longer."

"You're here now, and that's what matters." Brad smiles "it really means a lot that you want to help."

I get up to hug her "He's right, it really does mean a lot."

Weird ending, I just wanted to get an update in.