Celebrating the year

"Girls make sure you all play nice. You too, Julian. Sorry you're the only boy." I tell the kids as I leave the 'fort' and go back to the party. We each invited some friends, Courteney and David, Lisa and Michael, Shannon and John, Matt Damon, and George Clooney.

Brad walks right up to me handing me a drink "I know you can't drink the real stuff so it's a virgin one only because they don't know yet." he puts his hand on my back and we walks towards the others "Everyone is here now."

I try the drink "it's actually not too bad. When are we doing the fireworks?"

"I was thinking like 11. That way it's not right away." He gets himself a drink "They're all staying until at least 1 probably."

"Okay." I find Court and Lisa "I'm gonna go talk to them for a little." I walk over and sit on the bar stool next to them "The kids are all in the fort room. Shannon's with them right now."

Lisa looks over at it "That's a really cute idea to make an extra room a big fort. How do the girls like it?"

"They love it. Cat especially, she likes the slide and jumping around on the pillows. Ally just kinda sits or stands and watches." I look over at the others "it looks like they're all having fun."

"I think David's drunk." Court laughs "And I'm working on it myself. You have an extra room, right?"

"One for us too?" Lisa asks

"We have one down here, and one upstairs. Your kids will have to sleep with you though." I point to the guest house "There's a room, and big pull out couch in there too so we should all be good."

"You guys are lifesavers." Lisa hugs me "We really need a night like this, to just drink and relax."

"I don't think we've had a night like this since the last episode of friends." Court says "And I couldn't drink so that doesn't count for me."

"Yeah, those nights aren't as much fun."I laugh "At least we had as good last night though. It's one of the days I'll never forget."

Court gets up and pulls on our hands "We should all dance. It's a party." She turns the radio on and starts dancing "See, it's fun!"

I walk over to Brad "She is so drunk. Please don't let her or David leave."

"Don't worry I was just going to tell you the same thing." He pulls me to the middle of everyone "This is fun. I have to admit, we throw some pretty good parties."

"That we do." I laugh "One of the few things we do good." we start to dance for a while "It's nice to have a party and not really be worrying about too much."

George walks up next to us "You guys are a cute couple. The kind that's normally annoying."

"Yeah." Matt walks up next to him "Very annoying."

Brad turns towards them "She does get a little annoying sometimes." he jokes "But I love her any way."

Matt stands between us "That's better."

"You guys are just jealous that we're happy and married." I walk around him towards Brad "Don't worry." I laugh "it'll happen for you guys sometime."

Matt stands there thinking about what to say "That's not true...you know what, I got nothing. Be all happy in front of us."

They leave and Brad grabs my sides holding me "I think you should dance like you did in Along Came Polly." he whispers "You're a really sexy dancer."

"I would do it but this dress is waaay too tight. It fit better when I bought it last week." I wrap my arms around his neck "I'm never going to be able to hide this one like I did with the girls."