Relaxation

I show Brad a picture of the girls that Sherry sent me "They look so happy. I really miss them."

He looks away from the TV screen and at my phone "I do too, but they're having fun." He takes my phone from me putting it on the coffee table "We're here to relax and take a break, not worry about them. We can do that the rest of our lives."

"I feel like I have to worry." I look up at the TV for a little then back at Brad "I want to do something to take my mind off of them, just for a few hours." I pause for a minute "Is that bad?"

"No, you need a break." He wraps his arm around me laying his hand on my stomach "You aren't supposed to be stressed out, it's bad for the baby. I can tell that you have been, and you need to think about yourself a little more."

I look up and kiss his then put my hand next to his "You're right. So, what should we do?"

"Well, we should probably finish the movie." He gets the remote, ready to resume it "Maybe we can go out on the lake later, there's a place around here that you can rent boats for few hours."

"Will they even let me do that?" I ask knowing I haven't been able to do similar things before "Or are they bigger boats?"

"They should let you, they're like normal sized. Someone who has a license will drive it and we can do whatever." He resumes the movie "Let's finish this then we can go."

We finish our movie then go up to get changed and ready to leave.

I find a pair of yoga pants and a nicer shirt I brought with and walk out to where Brad is "Am I okay, or is this shirt too tight? It kinda feels like it is."

"I think it's fine but if you feel like it's tight you should probably wear something else, I don't want you to be uncomfortable." He says as he finishes getting dressed.

I find one of his big sweatshirts and hold it up "Can I just wear this? You have that one, and I don't think that these shirts are really going to fit."

"Yeah, that one is really comfortable, you'll like it." He waits for me to change then we drive over to the lake and he tells me to wait until so comes back. I do so and about 5 minutes later he comes back and opens my door "They said you're fine."

I get out and follow him over to a boat that we get on and we sit on a bench together "This lake is so beautiful. I love all the trees."

Brad pulls a huge pickle, and some chips out of a bag and hands me the pickle "I got this at the gift shop, I knew you would want it."

I take it right away smiling "You're so sweet, and this is really good." I move a little closer and lay my head on his chest "Thank you for this whole little trip, I really needed it."

He kisses my forehead and wraps his arms around me resting them with mine over my stomach "We need to take them when we can. Once this baby is here we won't really have time for any, it's really going to be a crazy life. We'll make it though, we always have each other."

I sit for a while, just relaxing and watching the trees change. Some have red leaves, some orange, green, yellow, some with none. It makes me realize how much the seasons changing show how our life is changing too. I know Brad is doing the same as me, I look up at him and he doesn't even notice. I feel his heart beating in sync with mine and it makes me feel at peace.

He slowly lifts my head up a little, kissing me long and sweetly then whispering "I love you." Into my ear.

"I love you, too." I whisper and we stay silent, enjoying each others presence the rest of the boat ride.

Sorryit's short, but I wanted a nice little romantic part.