Part 24: her place

Shawn:

Adriana seemed really secretive and extremely sensitive over where she's taking me.
She made me promise not to tell anyone, or never mind that, anything. Not one soul may know about this.

But how did she find it?
Some other soul must've came with her because I can't see Adriana walking these streets all alone just to find this place.

Once we reached the train station, my thoughts were empty. It kind of makes sense, the run away scene, but then she led me to an abandoned, small shack kinda looking thing. She stopped in front of the door, taking the rock she took out of her garden.
She opened it up and only then I realized it was one of those where you can put a key in. "Promise?" "I promise." She let out a deep breath before opening the door and walking in.

The door creaked as she opened it up wider for me to come through.
It was dark.
You could smell the damp of water leaking in somewhere. The cold cement groud, keeping the cold locked inside. It hits your skin and for a moment you feel afraid of what this might be, but the moment she turned on the light. It all seemed clear.
Small fairy lights handing from the roof, a perfectly bohemian designed look in the room. Couche on the one end of the wall, a bookshelf against the other.

"Wow." I said surprised as I looked up and around the room. I really wasn't expecting this. "You can sit down if you want to." She offered, looking around the place. It's clear that she hasn't been here in a while, because she too, is admiring she view of the place.
I saw her smiling a sad smile as she looked at all the pictures stuck on the wall.
It intrigued me as well.

I stood behind her, taking a closer look at them all. It's all her and friends, but she's with this one boy, the entire time. "Shit Adriana I really didn't mean to interfere anything." I stepped back. "What do you mean?" Her eyebrows furrowed together as she looked at me with confusion in her eyes.
"Well you probably have a life after this and you have a boyfriend! He must be really mad at you not being at school today or well, spending so much time with me and the math and everything!" I was freaking out.

It was never my intentions to come in between something she has with someone else. Everyone is already spreading stories and rumors about her being with me. And those weren't my intentions too.
It's just because of my reputation around school.
"No. Trust me it's okay. You're not interfering anything. Those are memories that are long gone." She paused. "Or so I thought." She looked back at all the pictures.
Tears pooling up in her eyes as she took the one of her and the boy off the wall, sticking it in to her pocket.

"Who is that?" She just shook her head. "That's a story for another time." She sat down on the couch, just staring at the wall. "Okay. Then I'll try and wait for that moment patiently." I plonked down on the couch next to her, not even seeing where I sat I fell down on a fart bag. "Oh my gosh!" She started laughing straight out of her stomach.
Making me laugh as well. It settled down after a while, and I looked over to her.
Her eyes locked on mine.

"You have a really beautiful laugh Shawn. You should do that more often." "It's only when I have a reason." I mumbled. "You already seen the side of me. The salty side. I have a soul that needs to be fed with sarcasm and eavesdropping. It's just who I am, me. But the catch comes when I tell you that, that me, was the old me." Now, nothing makes sense.
But I know in time I'll probably fit the pieces together as she opens up to me.
Showing me more parts of things that I need to know, what I need to see.

But title about trust. And I want her to trust me enough to show me these things, to tell me her story.
She's another mystery, one I'm yet to solve and discover for who she is.
What she does.
Why she loves.