Michelangelo x Reader | Nightmares

You were sleeping peacefully and deep. You probably had a nice dream but would't remember it once you woke up in the morning. Something made a noise and you were immediately awake. 

Might just be the wind. It's probably nothing, you thought to yourself.

After a quick glance on your phone to check the time you closed your eyes again and rolled over. You loved sleeping and tried to get as much of it as possible.

There it was again. The same noise.

Jesus Christ!

You got up and realized that it was a constant noise, like someone knocking. It couldn't be your neighbors, they were probably sleeping as well. You listened carefully and knew it came from your window. 

"Angel Cakes? It's me", you heard a familiar voice whisper outside.

Mikey? What is he doing here?

You jumped out of bed and opened the curtains. There he was. Your boyfriend, sitting on the fire escape and looking at you. Just a few seconds after you opened the window he was hugging you tightly. 

He hugged you so tight you almost couldn't breathe.

"I'm so happy to see you Sweet Cheeks", he murmured into your hair.

You stroked his head, assuring him that everything was fine. His face was still in your hair, breathing in your scent. You could feel how he slowly relaxed. After a long passionate kiss he finally looked you in your eyes. He was scared of something, looked uncomfortable.

"What's going on, Mikey? Do you know what time it is?", you wanted to know trying to get his mind of whatever he feared. Changing topics always helped.

"I know and I'm so sorry", he said.

"Baby what is it?"

He sat down on your bed and you did the same. You put his hand into yours and looked at him. 

"I had a nightmare", he admitted.

"Oh", was the only thing you could say.

He hugged you again and you immediately felt a bit more comfortable. At least it wasn't a real threat.

"What was it about Mikey?", you asked.

"Don't really remember. Something with the Shredder attacking us and me being unable to fight. I just know that I couldn't do anything while my brothers suffered", he said and started to sob.

"Shhhh it's okay Babe. It was just a dream. You know that will never happen. You and your brothers are ninjas and SO strong Mikey. You are strong. A hero. You will always find a way to protect your family", you said, calming him down.

"D'you really think so?", he asked looking at you.

"Yes", you answered an wiped away some of his tears.

You stroke his cheek and cupped his face with you hands. 

"I'm always here for you", you said, giving him another kiss.

"Thank you, you're really the greatest", he smiled.

"Do you want to sleep here?", you asked.

Mikey was a bit surprised but then nodded. He took all of his amor off and smiled. Both of you were getting under the covers and cuddled. His hand was gently rubbing your back, pulling you even closer to him.

"I don't ever want to lose you", he said, giving you a kiss on your forehead.

"I love you Mikey", you answered already drifting off to sleep.

"I love you too angel. You're my everything. Thank you for being here", he whispered.