TMNT x Reader | At last - Etta James

((A/N) This isn't written for any turtle in particular that's why I wrote "he". You can choose your favorite one(s) and just imagine it with him / them. I just love older music - especially love songs - and wanted to write this down. Hope you enjoy! 💕)

Your turtle has never been the most confident. He might act and look like it but deep down he was insecure. He a mutated, giant turtle and people often called him and his brothers freaks, monsters and more. 

He hated the way he looked. From his size to his hands back down to his toes. He knew it wasn't his fault but still, he wanted to be normal and accepted by society.

When he met you for the first time he was already prepared to be screamed at or even worse, have you run away, back into the Foots arms. To his surprise you didn't do any of these things. You smiled at him, thanking him for saving your life and overall were happy to see him. He wasn't sure if it was the shock or if you actually meant it but it felt good.

It took him a while to fully warm up to you, mainly because he was used to rejection, but when he did, you had the time of your life. He was sweet, funny and caring, everything you've wanted in a person. You didn't care what he looked like or where he came from. You wanted him.

He wanted to confess his love for a long time but just wasn't sure. You were such a beautiful, smart, amazing woman who would never want to date a turtle. When he finally told you and you said you loved him too, he was like a complete different man.

He was happy, smiling and even jumping around. It's like his life finally made some sense. Like he was re-born. He wanted to experience everything with you: a sunset, cuddling, kissing, cooking, heck everything. As long as he was with you. He tried to not get too distracted, he needed to fight criminals after all, but it was hard. He loved you with all of his heart and he was happy that he was finally loved in return.