Donatello x Reader | Video Star

((A/N) I got a request for something fluffy or funny with either Raph or Donnie. Since I have a lot with Raph going on (and will have in the future - I'm not complaining, I LOVE IT) I figured I could give the boy in purple a bit of love. Enjoy!💕)

You just got a new Canon camera and wanted to test it out immediately. You head to the lair to surprise your boyfriend Donatello. You quickly said hello to his brothers and then went for the lab, where Donnie usually was.

Turning the camera into filming mode and making sure it was in focus, you entered it as quiet as possible. There he was, looking over a project or experiment, not even taking note of you. You zoomed in a little on him and smiled. Whenever he was truly in the zone, his tongue was stuck in the corner of his mouth. He had a little lamp hanging above his head and a microscope to his right. 

"And there he is, the most handsome scientist on earth", you broke the silence.

Donnie jumped up and hit his head on the lamp.

"What, what are you doing here love?", he said rubbing the back of head.

"Surprising you", you giggled.

"I can see that", he raised and eyebrow and checked you out, "what about that?", he pointed to the camera.

"It's new and I wanted to see how the quality is", you gave back.

"You .. you paid so much money for a camera? I could have build you one", he said.

You turned the camera so it was facing you and smiled.

"As usual, Donnie wants to build everything himself", you said as if someone else was listening.

"Of course. I could have build you one for free. Much better than this"

He slowly but surely got angry. You could tell by the way he looked and squealed. You loved it.

"Oh is that so? Wanna tell the world why yours would be better?"

You focused the camera on him again and you could see how he was blushing.

"Well", he started rubbing his neck.

You got a bit closer to him to have different angles and shots of him. He was too adorable, blushing more with every move you made.

"Anyway, wanna see my experiment?", he asked trying to change topic.

"Sure. Here you have it people, a sneak peek into Donatello's work", you said, zooming over whatever was laying on the desk.

"Actually, I'm trying to figure out what Shredder used to make his mutagen"

"The one for Beepop and Rocksteady?", you gasped.

This was new. You knew he was working on something with mutagen and mutant blood but this...wow. He locked eyes with you and nodded. You thought this was too good to only see through the camera so you placed it somewhere in distance, still filming him though, so you could give your full attention to Donnie. He loved it when people listened to him and his thoughts.

"I still have a little left from when April got it"

"I thought you already found it out. With you being able to turn human and stuff?"

"Yes, but I didn't get to check everything. That was just the top of the iceberg if you please"

"What else can it do?"

"Don't know yet love, but maybe you can help me?"

You smiled and grabbed a coat. And some safety glasses, just to be sure. He stood behind you while explaining every move he made. He even took the time to kiss your cheek and greet you properly since he didn't do that before. Soon, you were so focused on the mutagen work that you completely forgot the camera. 

When you were done and wanted to leave you saw it was still recording. You stopped it and smiled. Focused, scientist Donnie was one of your favorites. Along with the cuddly one. You couldn't wait to see the full film.