Donatello x Reader | Anxiety

((A/N) I guess I need to put a trigger warning here: anxiety

((A/N) I guess I need to put a trigger warning here: anxiety. I personally suffer from anxiety attacks and listening to someone's heartbeat helps me calm down. Hope you enjoy 💕)

Dating a turtle had his good and bad sides. Good because he was the most caring boyfriend and knew what it felt like to be different, bad cause they risk their lives so many times. Tonight was one of those nights. They were out fighting again and you didn't know when or if they came back. Donnie knew how you felt and what you're dealing with so he decided to calm you down as best as he could and assure you that nothing bad will happen.

He would pull you into a hug, kiss you, make you a tea. Everything to calm you. Also, given the fact they usually have to leave late at night, he tried to make you fall asleep before they left so when you woke up they'd be back.

"Are you alright, love?", he asked.

You nodded. You couldn't really speak or tell him what and how you felt but looks were enough. He understood you no matter what.

"Want to cuddle?", he wanted to know.

He pulled you to his bed and laid down. You were next to him, with your back facing his plastron at first but then you decided to turn over. 

"Can I listen to your heartbeat?", you said and looked up to him.

"Of course", he smiled.

You did and immediately felt a bit safer. He was so warm, his skin soft and rough at the same time. His arms were one of your favorite places to be.

"Hearing your heartbeat calms me down. Lets me know your alive, you know", you explained.

"I will never leave you, (Y/N)."

Donnie rubbed your back and intertwined his fingers with yours. You felt that you were drifting off to sleep. The only thing you remembered was that Donnie placed a gentle kiss on your forehead and telling you how much he loves you.