Michelangelo x Reader | Read the instructions

Your boyfriend Mikey was sitting in his room

Your boyfriend Mikey was sitting in his room. He's been sitting there, completely focused, his tongue slightly hanging out, ever since you found him an hour ago.

"What are you doing?", you asked as soon as you walked in.

It was weird. Normally he'd be all over you even before you entered to room but today: nothing. He didn't even come out of his room to greet you. Or kiss you.

"I'm trying to get this to work", he said without looking up.

"And what is this?", you wanted to know.

You sat next to him on the floor and found a toaster. You blinked a few times, trying to understand this. Mikey got a toaster? Mikey, the one who adored pizza?

"How .. why .. what?", you said unable to make a sentence.

"Look angel cakes, technically this is for you. I wanted to get you something for the longest time", he answered.

"And you figured a toaster would be the right thing?"

"You love food as much as I do, so yes"

You put your hands up in defense and sat down on the bed. And ever since that you've been sitting there, reading a few comics but Mikey still wasn't able to turn the toaster on.

"Where did you get that in the first place?", you asked.

"I found it", he explained.

"So, basically someone threw it away?"

"I can make it work"

And that from the turtle who wanted to change a lightbulb and got an electric shock from it. You loved Mikey so much but good God he was no Donnie.

"Have you found any instructions? Maybe on the internet?"

"I ain't stupid sweet cheeks", he answered and waved with his phone.

"Alrighty", you answered and slowly had enough of all of this.

Granted, he was adorable. He wanted to gift you something, something that he himself fixed but it's been so long. You needed to spend time with him, alone, without that toaster.

"But I don't need them", he continued.

"You ... don't?", you wondered, raising an eyebrow.

He turned around and locked eyes with you. His baby blue ones showed nothing but pride. You loved it when he was like that: confident. No matter how bad the situation was, when he wanted to finish something, he did.

"I just need some final adjustments", he said, "and then I can completely focus on you"

That grin of his was everything.

"Woohooo", you answered and got back down to the floor again.

You wanted to see if he actually made it. If he could actually repair something.

"Okay, let's try it. You ready?", he looked at you and smiled.

"Absolutely"

He pushed a button and then ... fire.

"JESUS CHRIST MIKEY", you screamed.

"Oh noooooo, not now. I was doing so good", he said in a sad voice.

"Do something", you urged him.

He just sat there, drowning in sadness. You were thinking a bit quicker and ran to the bathroom, trying to get water to put that goddamn fire out. After you did, and boy it was close, you sat next to Mikey again.

"You should have read the instructions, babe", you said, trying to be as calm as possible.

You didn't want to make him angry or have him think you don't believe in him. With that thought, you held his hand.

"But I wanted to make something for you", he pouted.

"You can make up for it with a kiss?", you asked.

He smiled and gave you what you wanted.

"It will work next time, I promise", he gave back, "but now I just want to cuddle."