Chapter 3 - The Meal

Really? Beautiful eyes Ryan? God, what is wrong with me? She is probably so creeped out right now, but I honestly couldn’t control myself. It just kinda came out. I followed her out of the bus, made sure I opened the door to the bar for her, she gave me a sweet smile as she passed. It’s been a while since I’ve tried to go out with anyone, now I have about 2 hours to convince her to give me a chance or at least get to the good friends stage of our 'relationship'.

We were taken to a large table at the corner of the bar, which appeared to be the quietest part, the place seemed really nice. “What do you think? This is one of our favourite places in London.” Ryan asked, placing a hand on my back. I couldn’t help but lean in to the touch.

“It looks amazing Ryan.” I ended up sat next to my Mum and Ryan, Zach was sat across from me and kept pulling faces at me. It was a very surreal moment, sat there with the band I love. If this was a dream, I never want to wake up, I don’t ever want this to end.

“What do you guys want?” Ryan asked looking over at me and Mum.

“Don’t worry about us, we’ll be fine.” My Mum said, I nodded in agreement but couldn’t help the way my eyes followed a delicious looking burger go past our table. Sorry, but I’m hungry, it’s been a long day.

“Okay then.” Ryan said with a chuckle, something about the look in his eyes told me he wasn’t agreeing with us. “I’ll just order at the bar. Zach you wanna give me a hand?” We let them get out to order their food and all the drinks.

“So, Amy how did you think the show went?” Brent asked me.

“Ryan asked the same thing,” I replied smiling, “it was amazing! You guys always are.” I’m surprised my cheeks don’t hurt from all the smiling I’ve done today, maybe they will once I get over the shock.

“Do you still go to school? Or have you finished?” The others all seemed to be interested in getting to know, I’m just glad I didn’t slip into crazy fan/interviewer mode on them!

“Yeah, I’m doing my last year now. I started a couple of months back.”

“Got any plans for after that year?” Drew asked.

“I’ll probably go to Uni.”

“We got a smart cookie over here!” Eddie said laughing. “What would you take at Uni?”

“I might take history or English.” I didn’t want to bore them with my life, they are used to conversations that are way more interesting than this. Zach and Ryan brought the drinks back to the table, handing them out. Diet Pepsi. I actually love these guys. “Thanks! How did you know I drink Diet Pepsi?”

“Lucky guess.” Zach said winking. “Now I heard someone say cookie. Explain.” There was a mixture of groans and laughter in reply.

“Amy’s a smart cookie.” Eddie said.

“So, there aren’t any real cookies?” Zach asked, seeming upset.

“Dude! You literally just ordered food!” Ryan exclaimed. “Anyway, did you come far to see us tonight?” He turned to look at us, the band did the same.

“Not too far.” Mum replied.

“We live near Oxford, about 30 minutes from Oxford. If there wasn’t traffic.”

“That’s a nice area.” Brent replied.

“Not really.” Me and Mum said at the same time, the guys chuckled at that. “Not where we live anyways. My friend Susan would call it ‘a fucking shithole.” I added. That had them laughing, but my Mum glared at me. I was in big trouble when I got home, although it’s hard to bring myself to care.

“Food’s here.” Zach announced. Jeez, that was quick. They must have played the celebrity card. As they handed out the food I counted extra plates, I turned to look at Ryan and he just looked away. Typical. He had bought me and my Mum a Cheeseburger with chips.

“You shouldn’t of! How much do I owe you?” My mum asked, Ryan just waved her off.

“But it is delicious. So I forgive you!” I said after taking a bite out of the burger. The rest of the meal was pretty quiet, we talked about their music and about school and travelling. After the plates had been taken Ryan cleared his throat.

“Sarah, I was wondering if you and Amy would stay the night. I will cover expenses, but it’s late and I’d love to get to know you both better.” Ryan had turned the charm up to 100, my Mum seemed unsure though.

“Amy has school tomorrow though.” Damn it. School sucks!

“We can have someone drive you back early tomorrow morning.” He was basically begging. He might as well get on his knees and grovel at my Mum’s feet. Now that would be funny.

“It’s fine. We’ll stay for now. Don’t worry ‘bout us getting back.” My Mum said finally. I couldn’t stop smiling after that.

“Yay!” I celebrated and gave Mum a hug, I owe her big time now. I felt my phone buzz and saw a text form Susan. Oh God she would die! “Guys, urm, you’ve been great and all but I was wondering if I could get your autographs again for my friend. She will never forgive me otherwise.”

“Yeah.” “Of course.” “No problem.” That was the gist of the replies I received, thank god. Then Ryan turned to me.

“Do you want to dance?” He seemed… nervous?

“Of course!” My cheeks ached from the size of that smile, I basically jumped from the seat. The others smiled at us and Brent had started talking to my Mum. Ryan led me to the dance floor. Shit. I can’t dance.