Chapter 44 - Green Room

I just smiled. This was a challenge, no doubt about it.

“I’ll be back.” I told the guys, I followed the corridor. I could hear music, it wasn’t Adam. I knew that because it was American Authors, they must be setting up or something. I walked in to see them. “Hi guys!” I said after they finished their song.

“Ah, hey! So you guys decided to show up,” Zac teased.

“Yeah, sorry I wanted a McDonalds.” I laughed. “Have you guys seen Adam?” Their confused faces were the answer I needed. “It’s cool, I’ll just keep looking.” I thought I would check the green room.

“Find what you were looking for?” Ryan asked as I walked through the door.

“Are you in on it?” I questioned.

“On what?” He replied innocently. The phone was still on the side.

“Where the fuck is Adam?”

“Not here.” Eddie told me from his seat.

“He is here somewhere.” I argued. “I won’t look for him then, but I’m fairly certain he’s here.” I sat next to Ryan. Who pulled me into a one armed hug, we sat there for a bit when Danny walked in.

“What’s up?” He said as a greeting.

“Have you seen Adam?” I asked quickly.

“Urm. No. But Maroon 5 songs are playing on the stage.” He informed me.

“The asshole.” With that I was gone, I ran to the stage again and found Adam dancing around on stage. “Found you!” I shouted happily.

“You sure took your time.” He moaned.

“Ryan told me you weren’t here.” I explained. “But you left your phone, and unlike Ryan I’m not stupid.”

“Shall we go say hi to Stupid?” Adam suggested.

“Why not.” We walked into the green room shoulder to shoulder, laughing away. “Look who I found. Who was actually here all along!” I announced proudly.

“Hey Stupid.” Adam said.

“Who’s stupid?” Ryan asked.

“Jesus! Why do we even bother?” I exclaimed, as Adam used my shoulder to keep himself up.

“I’m confused.” Ryan continued. Susan had grasped what was going on and she was crying she was laughing so hard.

“It really doesn’t matter.” Adam gasped between breaths.

“Love ya babe.” I told Ryan, pulling him in for a kiss.