Chapter 84

“Babe I’m back, are you he-“ I looked over Danny’s shoulders and my heart sank like a lead balloon. Ryan. Fucking Ryan. Damn you alcohol. I suddenly felt very sober.

“Ryan, I can explain.” I tried, Danny had let go and was stood there looking ashamed, embarrassed and slightly confused. Ryan, god bless him, looked heart broken. His eyes were full of unshed tears, he just seemed shocked.

“I don’t want to hear it.” His voice was quiet, but he was very serious.

“Ry-“

“Get the fuck out.” He ordered, refusing to look at me. I didn’t move. “I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM!” He shouted, his eyes snapping up to meet mine. They were angry and sad and disappointed. How could I do this to him? To the love of my life. What was I thinking? I wasn’t thinking though, I was being an idiot. Shit. I hurried past him, hiding the tears from him. Leaving Danny and ran to Adam’s room. Hopefully someone will be there. As I fell through the door I broke down. I was sobbing hysterically on the floor, fuck Danny. Fuck him and that stupid kiss on the bus, and his stupid idea to drink and the stupid make out session. Someone wrapped their arms around me and lifted me up carefully. It must have been Adam, it smelt like Adam.

“What happened?” He asked softly. I knew it was Adam.

“I. I. Fucked up.”

“How?”

“It was all Danny’s fault.” I shouted. But it wasn’t, I can’t blame him. “Why? Why did I do it?” I gotta say, hysterical doesn’t really cover it. I was inconsolable. I couldn’t talk, I just cried and cried and cried. Mumbling to myself.

“I’ll stay here with her, someone go figure out what went wrong.” I heard Adam say, but it didn’t feel real. I felt distant. I felt like shit. I feel empty. I need Ryan. And I fucked up. And now he is gone. He won’t want me back.

She ran off, leaving me with Daniel. Daniel, who had her pressed up against the wall. Daniel, who was only minutes away from undressing her. Daniel who has seen her naked. The anger was unbearable. Luckily it masked everything else I felt. I turned to him and saw that tiny bit of fear in his eyes, usually that would bother me. But it didn’t.

“What the fuck were you doing?” I managed to ask.

“It’s not what it looked like.”

“What the hell was it then? It looked like you were making out with my girlfriend.” I snapped.

“Okay, it was what it looked like. But, we’ve been drinking and she was upset. It just happened.”