Chapter 81

Kim’s first show was nothing short of perfect, we all had an amazing time. Dancing and singing away as usual, just with a new partner in crime.

“Come on, we gotta meet them backstage.” I told her, grabbing her arm and pulling her away, Susan followed behind us. “Are you two?”

“Yes, we made up. I should have told you what was going on, but I know you worry too much. Now come on.” She laughed.

“Hey beautiful.” Ryan scooped me up and pressed his lips against mine.

“Hey sexy.” I managed to say when he pulled back to breathe. “Dude, you are all sweaty please put me down.” I moaned, he sighed but did as I asked. “Now I stink of Ryan.” I teased.

“Oh yeah?” He challenged, darting forward to grab me again. With a squeal I jumped out of the way, which just made Ryan find this more amusing. I spotted someone loitering in the doorway and ran as fast as I could to hide behind them. It was only after pressing my face into their chest I knew who it was.

“Shh. Hide me.” I pleaded, looking up at Dan with hopeful eyes.

“You are such a child.” He muttered, shaking his head fondly. It better have been fond. “Fine, but I can’t stand here forever.”

“Shh. He was right behind me.” Dan’s face lit up and then I was being dragged back by Ryan. He pressed kisses to my neck and pulled me close to his body.

“Got you.” He whispered into my ear, I turned round to kiss him back, wrapping my arms round his neck.

“Come on, you need a shower and we need to get moving.” I reminded him.

“On it.” He walked off to do whatever it was that needed to be done before we leave. I went and grabbed my coat and checked no one had left anything, before meeting everyone back on the bus. Dan and the boys had gone to their own bus, Susan was sharing with Brent now they’ve made up and Kim is apparently getting the spare bed. I wasn’t aware we had one, but oh well. We are all on the same bus which is good enough for me.

“Let’s catch up.” I decided, dropping into the seat next to Kim, Susan sat down opposite us. “Babe! Can you bring us some drinks and maybe something to eat?” I called out.

“Yeah!” Came the muffled response, he really is a sweetheart.

“So, give me the gossip.” I demanded, turning to face the girls.

“Well, not much is going on really. I mean, they are building a KFC in town. And apparently we are getting some actual shops, you know Primark or New Look.” Kim informed me.

“Sounds nice.” I smiled. “KFC will make life better, but a McDonald’s would have been ace.”

“Agreed.” Susan decided. “More importantly, Supernatural.”

“Tell me about it! I need to catch up so bad, I’m hoping Ry will let me catch up one day. Netflix in bed.” At that point Ry walked in and handed over some cans of coke and some crisps and sweets.

“I’m up for Netflix in bed. You can get your own drinks next time.” He warned, kissing my head before heading out to spend some time with the boys.

“Thanks!” We all shouted out to him, before descending into laughter. The next few hours were madness, my stomach and face hurt from all the laughing I had been doing. Eventually the sugar crash hit us hard, we all fell asleep on the sofa with the TV still on.

I opened my eyes to see Ryan. In bed. Okay then.

“Morning.” He yawned. “Next time try to make it to bed. You girls are difficult to move.”

“Whatever, you know you love me. Have a nice time with the boys?” I asked.

“Great thanks, now, I have another surprise for you and the girls so you might want to get up soonish.” He informed me.

“Why are you such a sweetie?” I asked, honestly he is too good to be true. He just chuckled and pulled me into his arms, I lay on his chest for a while. Listening to the steady beating of his heart.

“Why are you so perfect?” He countered eventually. My turn to laugh.

“Don’t ruin the moment!” I joked. “I’m not perfect, this is perfect.”

“I know baby, I still think you’re perfect though.” He insisted, best to just let him have it.

“If you say so.” I moved up to give him a kiss. “Now, if it’s quite alright with you Mr Tedder I will go and have a shower.” I pushed myself up and headed off to wash.

“Don’t be too long.” He called out, I saw him slowly getting up out of the corner of my eye. Maybe he’ll make breakfast, he is an amazing cook. Obviously. Anything he tries is amazing. It would be irritating if I wasn’t so madly in love with him.