Chapter 80

I knocked on the door of the bus, but no one came.

“Dan?” I called out as I climbed on, I headed over to the back and found him sat there teary eyed. “What’s up?” I asked, his head snapped up and he quickly wiped at his eyes.

“Nothing.” He replied quickly, quite obviously lying.

“Dan, please tell me.” I dropped down to sit next to him. “Is this about earlier?” His hands tightened on his legs, I sighed and wrapped an arm round him. He just froze, we were never like this before. This tense, uncomfortable feeling weighed heavily on me, we were always so comfortable around each other, often sharing hugs and sitting on laps. Being able to provide that physical comfort when the other person needed it most, now that seems to have gone.

“I need some time alone.” He decided, looking anywhere but at me.

“Danny, please don’t be upset. I hate to think this is my fault.” His eyes snapped to mine.

“This is not your fault.” His voice was barely above a whisper, his eyes dropped down again. Suddenly his lips were on mine, out of habit I kissed back. When I realised what I was doing I jumped back, pushing Danny away at the same time. “Sorry.” Danny mumbled, pushing past me quickly and going in his bunk. What have I done?

“There you are.” Ryan smiled and pulled me in for a kiss, I kissed back but lacked any enthusiasm. “You okay?” I can’t tell him, I will not tell him. He doesn’t need to know. But, he can always tell when something’s up.

“I’m just tired babe, I’m going to spend time with the girls. Catch you later.” I walked off quickly, not giving him time to question me further, wiping away the tear that had escaped. Susan was messing with Brent and Kim was on her phone. “Girls meeting. Right now.” I ordered, when they saw the urgency on my face they jumped up and followed me. We went to the stage area, Authors were doing their sound check so we took seats and sat for a minute in silence.

“Gunna tell us what’s up?” Kim asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. American Authors were making enough noise for no one else to hear us, I took a breath looking from one concerned friend to the other.

“Dan kissed me.” I blurted, eyes filling with tears. They both stared at me for a moment. “AND I KISSED BACK!” I sobbed, falling into Kim’s arms.

“Shit.” Susan mumbled.

“You seen Danny? The boys are looking for him?” Ryan called out from the door, I was too busy being hysterical to answer. “Oh god! Amy are you okay babe?” I could hear him rushing over. What will I say? Urgh. Everything is ruined. He is going to find out and hate me forever.

“She’s fine.” Susan answered, walking up to him before he reached me. Whatever she said worked a charm because I heard him sigh and walk away.

“Let’s go relax on the bus.” Kim suggested, leading me to the bus and letting me cry onto her shoulder. I collapsed onto the sofa, they both took their seats waiting for me to say something I guess.

“Why would he do that?” I sobbed. “We’re friends. He’s like a crazy brother or something. We don’t love each other, we are so close. But. Not in that way.”

“He meant nothing, I’m sure it was more impulsive than anything.” Susan assured me.

“Exactly, you know after seeing you in the shower… Maybe a little sexual frustration.” Kim hinted.

“She’s saying he just needs to get laid.” Susan summarised, making me laugh. I heard a light knock at the door, seconds later a sheepish looking Danny walked in.

“I am beyond sorry, I wasn’t thinking. It was a heat of the moment and the shower and you were there. It’s been a while. You were really close. Just, please don’t hate me. Don’t let me ruin this relationship, I swear to god I meant nothing, I don’t wanna hurt you or Ryan. Please?” His eyes were all cute and he had an adorable puppy face.

“Of course Dan!” I ran up to hug him. “Sorry for kissing back, it’s a habit.” We both smiled awkwardly.

“I should go, the boys are gunna kill me.” He decided, leaving the bus.

“Oh and Dan, we aren’t telling Ryan.” He nodded in understanding and walked off, I let out a sigh. That was very close to messing everything up, I’m glad we fixed it otherwise everything may get a little awkward. “That was a close save.” I sighed as Kim and Susan joined me.

“Forgive and forget.” Kim smiled.

“And party, come on I want food and front row.” Susan laughed, already heading back inside. I linked arms with Kim and we followed after her.