Chapter 32 - The Flight

We were in First Class, which was new for me and Susan, the guys were kinda used to it. Ryan and Zach had to talk about something, then Ry and Brent were gunna do some work. So Eddie decided he would keep me company.

“How’s life been DJ Eddie?”

“Life’s been good. Got some chick touring with us, so that’ll be fun.” He joked.

“No way! That’s unbelievable.” We started laughing.

“Game of goldfish?” He suggested.

“Why not!” I responded, we played for at least 30 minutes. I’m easily occupied. And apparently so is Eddie. “So Colorado?” I asked after we stopped playing.

“It’s nice playing there, Ryan and Zach always enjoy being there. Memories and shit.”

“I can imagine.” I laughed.

“They’ll have so much fun showing you and Susan round. But, you have a whole tour of memories to listen too. At the moment Susan has a week.” He added.

“I guess that is a pretty good point. But I can send her photos and texts at random times, that’ll annoy the crap out of her.” We both laughed at that, we spent the next 2 hours talking. Me and Eddie get on really well, he’s like the big brother I never had. It’s crazy, not that I’d tell him that. I probably wouldn’t hear the end of it. I looked over at Susan who was sleeping on Brent’s shoulder. I nudged Eddie.

“What about a little tweet?” I suggested, smiling.

“I think that’s an awesome idea!” Brent had half announced he had a girl, there were a few vague tweets and some photo’s going around. They had both said they didn’t care, which is why we weren’t too bothered. We got to a good angle, snapped a few pics and sent them to everyone on Eddie’s contact list and Susan’s family, whose numbers I had. Then made a tweet, ‘Long flight ;)’.

“This is gunna be so good!” Eddie cheered.

“I can’t wait for the shit storm from Susan later.” But hey, they did it to me and Ryan first.

“Wanna have a mini party?” Eddie suggested. “Not many people up here in First Class, not many around us to annoy anyway.”

“Why not!” I laughed. Eddie pulled out his phone and pressed play, ‘Animals’ by Maroon 5 came on. “I love this song!” We both sang along, dancing really badly.

“Don’t tell no lie, lie, lie lie!” We shouted at the end, with a high five, even though the song had finished.

“We totally rocked that one.” Eddie said.

“You got that right.” I agreed.

“Ryan might be pissed he didn’t write it though.” Eddie teased.

“Damn, you gotta point. That big ego.” I laughed, me and Eddie always have such a great time together.

“Ready for the next one?” He asked.

“Hells yeah!” It was ‘Take Me To Church’ by Hozier, one of Ryan’s favourites. Speak of the Devil, as it reached the Amen part Ryan walked up smiling. Being a total show-off he joined in as well. The three of us singing like crazy people, I mean Ryan was great but me and Eddie were just messing around.

“Excuse me. Could you keep it down please?” A flight attendant asked.

“Of course, sorry.” Ryan replied, because me and Eddie were laughing again.

“That was fun while it lasted Eddie-o.”

“You betcha! Catch you later, I think Grumpy wants some time with ya!” He said as he walked back to his seat.

“Did ya see our tweet?” I asked proudly.

“Of course I did, revenge is sweet.” He replied.

“Sort everything out?”

“Yep, only got hours to kill.” He complained.

“You are so pessimistic sometimes.”

“Whatever.” He dismissed, pulling his phone out. Fine then. Be anti-social asshole. I put my headphones in and was asleep in minutes.

“Oi! Dickhead!” Shit I know who that is.

“Hi Susan! How are you?” I asked sweetly.

“You prick! I had like 20 texts from my Mum and sister, not to mention missed calls.”

“Could it be worse?” I moaned sarcastically.

“Fuck you. You had it easy.”

“Of course I did!” I replied laughing. “You’ll thank me one day. Plus it’s a great picture.” She gave up and smiled.

“It is pretty nice, and we did that to you guys.”

“Exactly!” It’s then I realised Ryan had vanished, Susan was in his place.

“He’s doing musically stuff with Brent.” She explained.

“Ah of course, that job thing they do.”

“I know, so selfish.” She joked.

“How’s things going with Brent?” I asked, she genuinely smiled. Her eyes lit up and everything.

“Ah, it’s fab. I understand what you were going through now. This will be the best week of my life.”

“I know how ya feel, I hope they can get you back out permanently before the tour ends.” I confessed.

“That would be great.” She agreed. The rest of the flight went pretty quick, me and Susan gossiped for a while. Zach came and sat with is for a bit and we talked about food mostly. Ate all the cookies and argued about what cookie was best. Then Drew sat with us, we talked about the others; who was most annoying, spent the most, ate the most. Stuff like that. Eddie came and played card games again like the kid he is. Then it was time to land. Time flies when you’re having fun.