Chapter 89

Adam shook me awake.

“Is it time to go?”

“Not exactly. Look, this is what’s right.” He assured me, looking apologetic.

“What are you going on about?”

“I said forever and always. That was my promise. We both made mistakes. Baby, I need you back. I was stupid to let you walk away, we all do stupid things. Okay. Please. Let us try this again. Please.” Ryan’s voice started playing through the speakers. I looked at Adam with sad eyes. “I hope you haven’t already left, because I need you.” I could hear the tears. “I need you like a heart needs a beat, but that’s nothing new.” He sang softly. “It isn’t too late. Babe, I was stupid to think I could live without you. Come back to me. Please. Let me have this chance again.”

“Adam? What do I do?” I was crying, I wanted nothing more than to run back to him.

“This is what he wants.” He insisted. “Go and find him.” I didn’t need any more convincing, I ran off to look for him.

“Ryan?” I called out, where the hell is he?

“You came back.” He wrapped his arm around me. “Forgive me for being an idiot?”

“Only after you forgive me for being one.” I countered.

“Of course I forgive you. I should have done that straight away, I just kept thinking of the last time someone did that to me. I’ve been letting what she did effect our relationship. I am so sorry that I let her get in the way of everything. It’s just me and you now.” He kissed me passionately.

“Can’t have a love story without an airport scene.” I muttered, when we pulled back for air. He smiled sweetly at me. “I am so sorry for what happened, I should never have worried about why you left. You have never done anything to make me doubt you. I love you with all my heart, always and forever.”

“Forever and always.” He agreed, kissing me again.

“Come on, let’s go.” Adam chuckled, walking past us with my bags. I grabbed Ryan’s hand, glad we sorted it. I’m sure it won’t be the last time this situation rears its ugly head, but for now I have my baby back. I pulled out my phone.

“Hey Mum, we sorted it out.” I smiled.

“That’s great babe, see you when you finish with the tour.” Then she hung up. What a bitch.

“This is home.” I told Ryan, snuggling into his side. Desperate for closeness.

“What do you mean?” He seemed slightly confused.

“Home is where the heart is. You are home Ryan. Even if I had gone, my heart always belongs to you okay. All of it. You are my home, you have my heart. Nothing can change that.” I confessed.

“I fucking love you. I was so stupid.”

“No I was stupid.” He stayed quiet, good, I’m fed up of him telling me what he thinks I want to hear. This was my fault and nothing can change that. He started singing No Words softly.

“There are no words to describe my love for you. No words to describe you. It works both ways babe.” He kissed my cheek softly, pulling me over to lie on his lap.

“If we crash and die, I will be so mad.” I yawned.

“Go to sleep baby, I’ll wake you when we get to the bus.” His hands were playing with my hair already. It was almost as if nothing had changed. Almost.

I know this is a dream. Danny is kissing me, holding me against the wall. Forcing himself on me. I need to get away, but he is too strong. I was calling for Ryan, but he wasn’t there. Or didn’t care. He had too. He always cared. I was crying, tears streaming down my face. Dan pulled back, an evil looking smile on his face and it terrified me. Then he was gone. Replaced with Ryan, looking at me in disgust.

“How could you do that to me?” He spat.

“You are just a slut.” He continued to insult me. Each insult cutting into my heart. Ripping me to pieces.

“WAKE UP!” I shot up, covered in sweat and tears. Ryan looked at me in concern. All I could think of is my messed up dream.

“Do you think that I’m a slut?” I asked in-between sobs.

“Oh baby, I could never think that.” He pulled me into his arms. “It was just a dream, we are okay. I promise you. I love you more than anything.” He was rocking slightly, trying to comfort me. Just like I did when he had a nightmare.

“In my dream, you said it. You hated me. And Dan was there and he forced me to kiss him. Ryan I don’t want that to happen. I love you, only you.” It wasn’t hysterical, but it was pretty emotional.

“Listen to me, we are okay. Danny won’t do that to you. Me and him had a good chat after I punched him, one of the reasons I changed my mind. He made me see sense. That and I couldn’t live without you. Just relax baby. Everything is alright now. I promise you.” Eventually I let his voice calm me down, I stayed quiet, just taking in the beauty that is Ryan Tedder. He drifted off to sleep after a short while, a small smile on his lips. How I thought I could live without this I don’t know. I was stupid. That much is painfully obvious. I carefully put a headphone into my ear, needing something to distract me. Spotify. Never go wrong with Spotify. People Help The People by Birdy was playing softly in my ear, Ryan loved this song. At least that’s what he told me, he loves songs with a beautiful melody and ones with meaning. I mean, this song makes you want to cry your eyes out. The car was silent, just the soft sound of Ryan’s breathing, the sound of the car and the relaxing music playing in my ear.

A/N - This is gunna go on longer than I had planned, mainly because in the chapter it crossed over and I can't think of a title XD So yeah, hope you still enjoy this :)