Chapter 46

Sonakshi was late for work.

She overslept her alarm after so many days of sleeping in.

She gently removed Rohit's arms and legs from around her and dashed to the bathroom.

Hurrying with her shower, she quickly got ready.

Rohit woke up in the middle as she dropped her perfume bottle in a hurry.

'Sona?' He called out sleepily.

She hurried over to him.

'Sorry, sorry! Tum so jao..I'm late..see you..bye!'

She kissed his forehead and left in a waft of perfume.

Rohit looked at her, and smiling, drifted back to sleep.

                    ****

Rohit also had to join back his work.

He left the house, whistling all the way.

Khushi ho to aisi..jo Sona meri life mein laayi hai..I just love her so so much..

As soon as he reached the sets, he also lost track of time.

                     ****

A week or so passed by like this.

Sonakshi and Rohit both had pending work and it took up most of their time.

They got to talk on the phone during the day, or when Rohit was waiting for his shot to be ready.

Sonakshi had surgeries lined up back to back. They took up most of her time.

Her clinics were also full. Everyone seemed to have been waiting for Dr. Sonakshi to be back from her leaves.

The most time Sonakshi and Rohit spent together was at night, in their bed.

And most days, they were too tired to even make love, crashing on the bed and falling asleep in each others arms.

                     *****

Sonakshi was in the middle of her clinic, when she heard a commotion outside.

Turning back to the patient she had been seeing, she ignored it.

But the noise got louder.

As soon as the patient left, Sonakshi called Tulsi at her desk.

'Tulsi, yeh kya shor hai bahar?'

'Ma'am, ek lady hai jis ke saath ek chota baccha hai. Woh gir gaya tha to chott ayi hai.'

'To ER kyun nahin le gayi?'

'Ma'am un ko aap ko hi dikhwana hai. Peechay pari hai ke Dr. Sonakshi Rastogi hi dekhengi.'

'Mere kitne patients hai abhi?'

'Last tha madam.'

'Okay, mein aati hun.'

She quickly came out of her room and walked towards the ER.

The child was crying loudly although a dressing had been done over his forehead.

Sonakshi turned to the mother and was surprised to see a beautiful, young woman.

She looked really worried.

'Hi! Dr. Sonakshi Rastogi! I'll just take a look at your child.'

The staff had already been ready with everything beforehand.

'Hello beta! How are you? I'm Dr. Sonakshi, and your name is?'

The boy's crying paused into sniffles as he looked up at her with innocent eyes.

A RoNakshi FF- Hero for Hireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें