Chapter 9

Sonakshi hardly slept all night.
Was she doing the right thing involving Rohit Sippy in her life? Giving someone the power to be so close to her?
How will she break it to her parents?
They would have to do it together...
What? They? Together?
Where did that thought come from?
No way..she had to stay detached..
Yes! Her life depended on it..

                         *

Rohit paced in his room, cursing himself.
What had he gotten himself into? Chand mulaqaton mein aisa kya tha ke itna bara faisla le liya? Shadi koi mazaaq hai? Why had he agreed?
He had wanted to get to know her, that's true.
He was interested in her as a woman, that's true.
He had wanted to woo her, get to know her deep secrets..but was this the right way?
What will he tell his family? Mom?
Will they accept his decision?
But now..he had no choice.

                      ****

He was late. Again.

Sonakshi glanced at her watch for the third time.
Mr. Gupta was completing the formalities.

What if he had backed out? What if she had to face rejection..again? No..she would not think about that..
Damn! I don't even have his phone number!

Forty minutes onwards, a feeling of trepidation in her heart, she got up to leave.

'Sorry! Sorry! I'm so sorry!' Rohit came running towards her.

Her heart was beating overtime. She was angry.

'Phir tyre flat hogaya? Ya tumhara irada bhi?'

'I'm so sorry Sonakshi..mein..'

'Mr. Sippy..please..aap log discussion baad mein kar lijiyega..we need to complete the formalities.' Mr. Gupta intervened.

Both Rohit and Sonakshi turned to him.

'Yes, sure!' Rohit followed him.

Sonakshi didn't. He turned to see her standing there, looking at him.

'Sonakshi..'

For a fraction of a second, he saw a fear in her eyes. Just as quickly it disappeared.

'Yes! Let's get over this.'

It took just 10 minutes.The judge and lawyers completed the paperwork, Rohit and Sonakshi signed them. Soon, they were being congratulated.

They were now husband and wife.

                       *

Rohit followed her out of the court, as she walked to her car.

'Sonakshi!' he called. 'Wait!'

She turned.

'Baat karni hai! I'm sorry for..'

She put up a hand to stop him.

'Whatever your reason may have been, atleast you went through with it..thanks!'

'Actually, I had to reschedule my shoot for today. Aaj ka call time was 9. Thora time lag gaya sab rearrange karne mein.'

She was chastened by his response. She had never thought of how his work would be affected, just too occupied with getting over with this.

'I'm sorry! I never thought to ask about your commitments..just told you to be on time..'

'Dr. Sonakshi Rastogi,  apologising? Doesn't suit you..at all!' he chuckled.

'Give me your number..I realised I don't have it..'

'Never thought you would ask..' he gave it to her.

A RoNakshi FF- Hero for Hireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें