Chapter 199

'What are you saying?'
Sonakshi almost hollered at whoever was at the other end.

Rohit came up to her, and gestured with his eyes, but she had a very shocked look on her face now.

'We specifically told you the party was on Friday! And not Saturday! Mere husband ne bhi bataya tha aap ko. How can you be saying this at the eleventh hour?'
Sonakshi was almost on the verge of tears.

Rohit took the phone from her, and began talking, while Sonakshi sat on the couch with a thud.

'Kya hua, Sona?'
Veena asked her.

'Mom! Caterer ka phone hai, bol rahe hain ke kal ke liye tayaariyan kar rahe hain..they thought it's tomorrow, and not today!'
She was almost crying now.

'Aray! Aise kaise bol sakte hain? Or tumhe to unhe sunana chahiye tha, bethi ro rahi ho! That's very unlike you, Sona! Kya hogaya hai tumhe?'

'I don't know, Mom, kyun rona aa raha hai, but ab kya hoga? Itne saare guests invited hain..mere saare plans..'

'Sonakshi! Relax! Agar bolo to mein kuch madad karun?'
Akaash chachu came forward.

Sonakshi looked up at him, as Rohit cut the call, looking angry.

'Kya hua, Rohit?'

He just shook his head.
'Maine cancel kar diya. Behes kare ja raha tha ke hum ne ghalat date batayi hai..'

'Oh, no! Maine to hotel waalon se bhi bol diya tha ke hum apni catering khud kar rahe hain..'

'Sonakshi! I can still get my cooks to do something..'

Sonakshi and Rohit turned to Akaash chachu.

'Chachu! Could you? Oh, that would be great! Lekin itne kam time mein..'

'Sab kuch hosakta hai! We have like what, seven hours or so..sab hojayega..just tell me what you want.'

Sonakshi stood up, looking at him gratefully.

'Thankyou, Akaash chachu! I don't know what to say..woh maine aap ko pehle nahin bola. Aap ko bura laga hoga..'

'Aray nahin! Zaroori thori hai ke har jagha mere restaurant ka khana ho. Phir, tum log itne excited thay, I didn't want to butt in..'

Rohit smiled, and hugged Sonakshi sideways, seeing the guilty expression on her face.

'Thankyou, chachu! Mein abhi menu ki list laata hun!'

There was a flurry of activity as Rohit and Akaash chachu gave instructions to the cooks for the evening.

'Shukar! Problem solved!'

Sonakshi thanked God.

              ***********

'He looks so cute, and I love his clothes too!'

Rohit looked down at where Arihaan stood in a blue t-shirt, with 'BIRTHDAY BOY' emblazoned on it with silver glitter.

'In fact, I love what you did with everyone's clothes.'
He looked down at himself.
He was wearing the same blue t-shirt, but his announced that he was 'DAD OF THE BIRTHDAY BOY'.

Sonakshi glanced in the mirror, fixing her hair for  the last time.
Her t-shirt announced that she was 'MOM OF THE BIRTHDAY BOY'.

'You like them na? I thought it was a very cute idea, ke poori family ek jaise kapray pehnen.'

'You have done a fantastic job, and I couldn't be more proud of you, Sona!'
He leaned over and gave her a peck on her cheek.

'Baba!'
Arihaan pulled at Rohit's jeans' leg.

A RoNakshi FF- Hero for Hireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें