Chapter 9

George takes you back to the Ravenclaw door knocker. "Pretty sure Freddie went back to Gryffindor Tower. Thought I'd walk you back to your dorm." He bows. You laugh. "Thanks George. I actually feel a lot better than what I did earlier. Sorry you had to deal with me like that." You say scratching your neck. George places his hands on your shoulders. "Don't apologize Y/n. Plus, I liked how you technically hung onto me for dear life." He smiles. You blush and playfully punch his arm. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Georgie. Get back to Gryffindor Tower safely." You kiss his cheek and enter the common room. Once the door closes you start blushing even more. 'Shit, I shouldn't of kissed his cheek.' You think. You walk farther into the common room to see Professor Flitwick standing there. "And where were you Miss. Y/l/n?" He asks raising an eyebrow. You look down guilty.

"Sorry Professor, I just needed to take a walk to clear my mind. School is already getting stressful." You say. "It's not like you to leave your room after hours Y/n. But I understand, I won't give you detention nor take points away. Please do not do it again. Now get up to bed, I'll see you tomorrow morning." He squeaks. "Goodnight Professor" You whisper and quickly get up to your dorm. You take a deep breath as you enter. "I think I need to clean my dorm. There's book everywhere." You mutter to yourself. 

The next morning you quickly get dressed and head to the Great Hall. George and Fred are leaning against the doors. "Good morning George and Fred." You smile coming up to them. You watch George's face brighten once more. "Morning Y/n." They say in unison. The three of you enter the Great Hall and seeing people slipping and sliding on the floor and falling of of the benches at the tables. 

You giggle at everyone who keeps slipping. Dumbledore slides by and stops at the three of you. "Mr. Weasley, Mr. Weasley and Miss. Y/l/n very nice work." He smiles. You look at him weirdly. "How did you know it was us?" You ask. Dumbledore smiles. "I always know Y/n." He says. "We made sure not to put buckets above your chair Professor." Fred says. Dumbledore nods. "If I dare ask, may I pull the ropes? I need a bit of humor, it's always so gloomy here." He asks.

George smiles and nods. "We'll give you the signal." Fred says. The three of you sit down without slipping or sliding. You keep looking up at the buckets until George grabs your face and turns it to him. "You know darling, you're not that good at not being obvious when something is about to happen." He laughs. You blush and smile. "Sorry, just eager to see what happens." You say. George let's your face go and you look down at your legs. 

Fred stands up and gives a thumbs up to Dumbledore who is casually standing next to the statue the rope it tied to. Dumbledore walks towards the rope and quickly pulls it before walking away. The buckets of the glue all onto people first then the glitter. You, George and Fred quickly got up and ran to the entrance to not get hit. Dumbledore walks over as he's laughing at Snape. You look over at Snape who looks like he's about to plan a murder. 

You start laughing at him and grab George's arm. McGonagall and Flitwick start to laugh but try not to show it. Some students start screaming and try running but end up slipping. "Are we going t get detention Professor?" You ask while wiping your tears of joy. "I don't see the reason. A harmless prank, you'll stay to clean it all up thought." Dumbledore winks and walks out. "It'll be easy. We got our wands." Fred says smiling. You move out of the way for everyone to leave the Great Hall. 

All of the Ravenclaws give you specifically dirty looks. A wave of guilt washes over you and you look down at your feet. "Now they hate me even more." You mumble to yourself. An arm slithers around your shoulder. You look at the arm realizing it's George's. You lean into his body more while everyone leaves. Once they all do, you walk in and start cleaning the floors. You start to hum a soft song as you clean the floors. You start singing Blackbird by The Beatles.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night." You sing to yourself. "Take these broken wings and learn to fly." You finish your part of the floor and move your wand to the seats and they start to go back to normal. All of the oil slowly going away. "All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see." You sing then look up at the ceiling. 

"All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free." You sing a bit louder that time with out even noticing. You take the buckets down with your wand. "I didn't know you sung." George leans against a table. You turn away in embarrassment. "I didn't know you could hear me." You say turning back around towards him. George nods. "You're pretty good." He smiles. "Get a room you two." Fred laughs. You both start blushing and go back to cleaning. 

The three of you finish cleaning and leave for class. "I have Charms right now with George." You say as you come to a corner. "I'll see you guys later!" Fred says as he runs away.