Chapter 77

You're having an amazing time with everyone. You baked cookies with George and Ron. Played exploding snaps with Harry, Bill, Charlie and Fred. Also helped Molly wrap presents. You're sitting in the kitchen wrapping one of George's presents from Molly before an owl appears at the window. Molly gets up and grabs it from its beak. "It's for you dear." She says handing it to you. You take it and read it.

Meeting now Y/n. Get here as soon as you get this.

-Draco

You put the letter into your pocket and stand up. "I have to leave but I'll be right back Molly." You say standing up and apparating to the manor. You quickly walk into the room and sit down next to your father. "I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to change." You whisper to your father. He grabs your hand and nods. Voldemort walks into the room and sits down at the end of the table. "Y/n, Draco, how's the cabinet coming along?" He asks. You and Draco look at each other before looking back at Voldemort. "We're close to finishing." Draco says.

"When we come back from Christmas break we're going to hopefully finish it." You say. Voldemort nods. Bellatrix smiles wickedly at the news. "Oh I just can't wait for the day to come!" She laughs. You and Draco nod slowly. Voldemort stands up from his seat. "Everyone is dismissed." He says vaguely before leaving the room.

You stay in your seat as other Death Eaters start leaving the room. "I'm gonna head back to the Burrow dad." You whisper. He nods and kisses your cheek before you start walking out of the room. Once you get to the front door someone calls your name. "Y/n! Wait!" You turn seeing Draco running down the steps. "Here." He says handing you a small box.

You stare at the box for a moment. "You didn't have to Draco." You say. Draco shakes his head and shoves the box into his hands. "I insist. You've done so much for me this past year so, thought I'd return the favor." He smiles. You smile and pull him into a hug. "Thank you Draco. It means a lot." You pull away and look down at the box. "I should probably get back to the Weasley's before they wonder where I went." You wave goodbye before apparating out of the manor and back to the Burrow.

You walk through the door and into the kitchen. "Welcome back dear." Molly says while standing at the stove. "Is everything alright?" She asks turning to you while wiping her hands off with a towel. "Oh uh, yeah. Everything is okay." You smile before walking into the living room. Someone grabs your arm and pulls you up the stairs. They throw you into a room and close the door. "What the hell!" You say turning around. George is standing there with his arms crossed looking down at you. "Mind telling me where you went?" He asks.

"I got a letter from..my father. I had to go visit my father." You lie. George shakes his head. "It's always that same excuse Y/n. Where were you?" He asks again. "I-I can't tell you George!" You yell. "Well why can't you tell me?!" He yells back looking at you. You stay quiet for a moment. "I can't tell you because I need to protect you George." George stares at you in disbelief. "Protect me? Protect me from what?" You turn around trying to control yourself. "Protect me from what Y/n?! TELL ME!" George screams.

You turn back towards him and lift your sleeve up revealing the Dark Mark. "BECAUSE OF THIS!" You yell, tears falling down your face. "Because of this, I need to protect you. I can't tell you anything because of this." George stares at your forearm for what seems like forever. "We promised each other we wouldn't keep secrets. I've been keeping this secret for so long, and I feel so guilty for breaking that promise George." You sniff and wipe some of your tears. "But I just needed to keep you safe. I can't have them hurt you." You whisper, pushing your sleeve back down. George moves his eyes up to yours and stares.