Chapter 43

George leads you away from the crowd and into an empty corridor. He pushes you up against the wall and kisses you. He pulls away and cups your face. "That was quite hot." He smirks. You roll your eyes while smiling. "Well Alison needed to know that you don't like her and that you're mine. She wouldn't shut up." You say looking down the corridor but no one being there. George redirects your eyes back up to his. 

"Just last year you were a complete nerd and always reading, now you're fighting people and talking back. You're perfect." He says then kisses you. "You're cheating on me?!" Someone yells. You both pull away and look over where the voice came from. Alison stands there with tears running down and a busted up face. "What do you mean cheating?" George laughs. "You two were never together." You smirk. Alison runs off crying while you look back at George. "People these days." You roll your eyes. George grabs your hand and leads you away from the corridor.

The Third Task is here and you're all waiting in the stands for the Champions to come out. You're sitting with George and Fred obviously. The Champions come out. Dumbledore starts explaining what they are going to do. Soon the canon goes off, Cedric and Harry walk into the maze first. Everyone sits down as Fleur enters the maze. "This is gonna take a while. Wanna place bets?" George says to Fred. "You two need to relax with all of these bets." You say. They both turn to you. "I think we're doing pretty good. Don't you think Georgie?" Fred says. 

"I think we are Freddie." George says. You roll your eyes playfully before pulling your book out. "Reading? Seriously?" George says trying to take it out of your hands. "Yes seriously. It's going to be a while before they find the Cup in there." You say, yanking it away from him. George kisses your cheek before turning back to Fred but still having his hand on your thigh.

Someone points into the sky as red sparks shoot up. "One down, three to go." You say. One of the professors brings back Fleur to the stands. "Beauxbatons doesn't win this year." Fred says. You roll your eyes and continue reading. Soon another red spark flies up. "Krums out! Harry still has a chance!" Seamus yells. Dean slaps the back of his head and they go at each other. "I-I think I'm just gonna go." Neville says and quickly finds another seat. "Three Sickles that Cedric's gonna win." George elbows you. "I'm not taking part in your silly bets right now George Weasley." You say not looking from your book. 

"Ah come on Y/n. Join in the fun with us trouble makers." Fred throws a piece of parchment at you. You glare at him. People start cheering. The three of you look down to see Harry there laying over Cedric. "Did they both win?" Fred asks. You shrug. Everyone starts getting up and walking down there. "Tell everyone to stay back. A boy has just been killed." You hear Dumbledore say. You gasp and look at George. McGonagall ushers people back as Moody grabs Harry and takes him back up to the castle. "Let's get back to the common room." George says. 

He grabs your hand and the three of you head back up to the castle, into the Gryffindor common room. You sit down in an armchair by the fire. George crouches down in front of you, snatching your book away. "Yes George?" You sigh looking at him. He smiles then grabs your hands. "Let's go do something other than sit here. I'm bored." He says dragging out of the common room. "George we just got into the common room. We just watched the Third Task, someone died. I'm pretty sure they are going to want us to stay here and not roam the halls until they sort everything out." You explain.  He stops for a moment to look at you. "I hate that you're right." He says. You laugh and drag him back into the common room.