Chapter 40

It's the day of the Yule Ball. You opened presents with George and Fred in their common room. Molly gave you another Weasley sweater which you gratefully put it on right after opening it. Fred got you some weird looking fireworks. You're kind of concerned considering the devilish look he had when giving you them. George got you a book series that you've been talking about for a while and you couldn't stop thanking him. You got Fred some paints because he's always been talking about starting to paint and make a little profit off of it. You made George a little picture book just full of funny and nice pictures of the two of you. 

You start getting ready for the ball in your dorm. Curling your hair, putting your dress and heals on then putting on makeup that matched your dress. (You can imagine your type of dress and makeup matching.) You look at the time realizing you're going to be late. You quickly make your way down to the Great Hall. You take a deep breath before turning around the corner. Everyone stops talking and starts at how beautiful you are. "She looks absolutely stunning." You hear Fred say pointing towards you.

George turns his head to you and smiles so wide. You give him a nervous smile in return. "Don't let me distract you. Go on to the Great Hall." You say to everyone. They all slowly take their eyes off of you and head into the hall. George walks up to you as you get to the bottom of the stairs. "I can't believe I get to go the ball with such a beautiful girl." He says putting his hand out for you. You smile while taking it. "I'd call yourself lucky Georgie." You giggle.

You both enter the Great Hall and stand around with everyone as the Champions start to dance together. Soon people start joining in with them. George leads out out onto the floor and the two of you dance. "I see you've gotten better since the Christmas party at my house last year." You laugh while looking up at him. "Been practicing with Freddie." He says. You raise an eyebrow. "We could've practiced together Georgie." You say.

He shrugs. "I wanted to show you that I've been getting better. Surprise!" He sticks his tongue out at you. You giggle. George lifts you into the air while spinning along with everyone else. "You certainly have been getting better. Last time you almost threw me." You say while spinning around with him. 

You sit down in a back corner of the library. All of your school work and books are sprawled out on the entire table, making no room for anyone else. You put your hair up into a messy bun and begin studying and writing papers. George walks into the library scanning around for you. He spots you and happily skips over. You don't know he's there as you're glued into a book. George sits down next to you and looks at all of your work and books in disgust. "You should come with me to prank Freddie. He turns all of my robes into Nifflers some how." He laughs while looking at you

You continue to ignore him, starting to write notes down on a piece of parchment. George sighs while resting his head on his palm. "We could prank Malfoy? I hear from Harry that Professor Moody turned Malfoy into a ferret." He suggest looking at you again. You don't acknowledge him again as you write. George sighs louder this time and starts staring at you. He picks up one of your books and starts to flip it around. You start to get annoyed but don't say anything. He hits something with the book and you look up.

Your whole bottle of ink is spilled on every piece of parchment. "George what the hell!" You yell while quickly trying to save your essays and notes. You pick the bottle of ink up, setting it to the side and trying to fix your parchment. "I'm sorry Y/n. I didn't mean to." George says reaching for your hand. You pull it away and start packing up. George says something but you block him out while cleaning up. You shove everything into your bag angrily and walk away. You walk outside to the Courtyard to get some air. You put your face into your hands while sighing. "I was so focused and was finally getting stuff done." You whisper to yourself. 

After a while, you decided to just head back to your dorm for the night and take a shower for your headache. You climb up the stairs slowly to the common room. "Hey Y/n." Alex says when you enter. You wave while passing by. "What's wrong?" He asks. You sigh and sit down next to him. "I've been working most of the day in the library, finishing multiple assignments from classes. I have a huge headache now. George came to the library and tried to get me to do something else but I blocked him out. He spilled my bottle of ink all over my work. I know it was an accident but I just wanted to pitch myself off the Astronomy Tower." You rub your temple.

You and Alec talk about the situation for a while before you say goodnight and head up to your dorm. Once you open the door, you're met with an explosion of glitter and fireworks. Your dorm was already a mess but that just added to your stress level. You fall to your knees, staring at the mess.