Chapter 72

You stand outside with your bag over your shoulder, looking up at the castle. It looks...darker than usual. More gloomy than it normally would be. You could say that it's been getting more darker these past couple of years with everything going on with Voldemort coming back. Now you're here, as a professor, for History of Magic. You get out of your thoughts as you walk into the castle. Walking down the halls to your classroom. You enter, seeing nothing but a dusty old classroom that before, Professor Binns had taught in.

You set your bag onto the desk and start cleaning the room. "Scourgify." You say pointing your wand at the desks. They immediately start cleaning their selves as you open up the blinds, letting some light in. Opening the windows to let some fresh air in. "That's better." You say to yourself. You continue cleaning up the rest of the classroom before you have to leave for the Great Hall. "Knock knock!" You turn towards the door seeing George standing there with a big smile on his face. "George!" You say running up to him.

You jump into his arms and he spins you around. "It's been forever since I've last seen you darling. I've been beginning to think you've been avoiding me all summer." He says putting you down. You sigh and fix his tie. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to see you this summer Georgie. I-I've been busy getting ready for the school year and my father, he's been needing me at home. But you look handsome in this suit though darling. I'm sorry I couldn't come to the grand opening of your's and Freddie's joke shop." You say.

George kisses your cheek and grabs your hand. "I understand Y/n. We're all getting busy now. I just thought I'd stop by for a bit. Maybe go prank Filch or McGonagall one more time." He smirks. You shake your head and laugh. "Don't do that! Just let them be. They need a break from you and Fred's constant pranking these past seven years." You smile.

You say goodbye to George as he leaves the castle and you head to the Great Hall. "Y/n! There you are!" You see McGonagall running up to you. "Oh! Professor McGonagall. It's lovely to see you again." You smile as she walks up to you. "Same as well dear. I need you to do me a favor." She says taking some parchment out. "I need you to list off the names of the first years for me and put the Sorting Hat on their heads. I have something to do for Albus." She says handing you the rolled up parchment.

"Sure. Happy to help Professor." You smile taking it from her hands. "Oh please Y/n, call me Minerva. You'll call me Professor around the students." McGonagall says before quickly walking away. You walk to the stairs that lead up to the front doors waiting for the first years. You smile as they walk up to you. "Welcome to Hogwarts. I'm Professor Y/l/n. When you pass through these doors you will join your classmates but first, you must be sorted into your houses." You say looking over the students.

Some give you confusing looks, assuming they are muggle-born. "They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While you're here, your houses will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points and any rule breaking will lose you points." Some kids look at each other before back up at you. "At the end of the year whichever house has the most points is rewarded with the House Cup." You finish. A kid raises their hand. "Yes?" You ask. She puts her hand down moves to the front. "What house were you in Professor?" She asks.

You smile down at her. "I was in Ravenclaw. The house full of creativity and wisdom." You say. She smiles at you. You look back at the rest of them. "Come along now." You turn around and walk through the doors. You open the Great Hall doors and walk the first years to the front. You unroll the parchment to read the names. "When I call your name, you will sit and I will place the Sorting Hat onto your head." I say picking the hat up. I look over at the Slytherins seeing Draco not paying attention to anything or anyone.