Chapter 74

You wake up the next morning and start getting ready for the day. You quietly walk around you room trying not to wake George up. "You know I'm already awake right?" You jump as he says that. You turn to him, seeing him smiling up at you with his hair all messed up. "No I didn't know. Why are you up anyways? You don't have anything to do." You say kissing his head. He shrugs and pulls you closer to him. "George you can't trap me. I have to go to breakfast soon." You laugh as he rests his head on your stomach. "But I want you to stay." He whines.

You roll your eyes and wiggle out of his grip. "We aren't 15 anymore George. I have a job to attend to, and so do you." You kiss his head again and start putting your shoes on. "I'll come to the burrow for Christmas break when you and Fred get there alright?" You say turning back to him. "I expect you to be gone when I get back here later tonight." George nods and sits up. "I love you." You say kissing his lips before leaving your room. You walk down to the Great Hall to have breakfast.

You look over at the Slytherin table to see if Draco is remotely okay. He's staring down at the table again, not eating with his arms folded. You start to eat some toast and glance around the room at everyone else. Snape comes and sits next to you. "You need to tell Draco that you two have to start on the cabinet." He says quietly. You put your toast down and side eye him. "It's the first day Snape. We'll start later this week." You whisper back. You look over at Draco who is looking at the two of you. "Look at the poor boy. He doesn't want to do this as much as I do." You stand up and leave the Great Hall, heading to you classroom to prepare for the second years to come in.

The bell rings as you walk into your classroom seeing all of them there. "Well it seems you are all here before me. I am Professor Y/l/n, I'll be your new History of Magic teacher for this year. Any questions?" You say looking around them as they stare back at you. "Great, we'll get started then. I won't give you too much work to do since I understand how you all feel being under pressure with work an-" "How do you understand being put under pressure?" Someone asks. You turn to face the room. A boy with brown hair raises his eyebrow at you. You walk over and put your hands on the table.

"I graduated from Hogwarts last year. I am the youngest teacher here at Hogwarts. I think I understand A LOT about being under pressure. Considering what type of mother I had." You spit at him. He sinks back into his chair before you turn back toward the board.  You teach the second years and the bell rings. They all leave as you get ready for the sixth years. "Um Y/n?" You look towards the door seeing Draco standing there. "Close the door behind you." You say as he walks in.

He closes the door and walks up to your desk. "I've been meaning to talk to you." You say as Draco pulls a chair up next to you. "I know, Snape told me you needed me before class started." Draco says. You nod. "This morning during breakfast he said we both need to start working on the cabinet and I know that you don't want to but I don't want either of us to die." You fold your hands on your desk. Draco nods while looking down. "I-I know. I was going to ask if we'd work on it tonight?" He says fiddling with a corner of a page sitting on your desk.

You stand up and put a hand on his shoulder. "I was thinking we start later this week. Give you some more time." Draco looks up at you and a small smile forms on his face. He gets up and sits down towards the back of the classroom as everyone else comes in. You watch as Harry comes in glaring over at Draco. You sigh and flick your wand towards the board, making words appear. "I'm Professor Y/l/n, welcome to History of Magic. This will probably your most laid back class for the term. Now, we can get started." You say turning towards the board.