Part 131

Harry opens the door and walks out of the castle. All I can think is that this might be the last time I see him alive. I have full faith in Harry, and that he is a great wizard. But Voldemort is an even greater wizard with a whole army beside him. Harry is all alone. I let myself fall to the floor. Hermione and Ron sit next to me. We hug, all thinking the same thing. Not wanting to say it out loud. "Ron, I-" I start but my voice cracks. "I am so sorry about- about uh-" I want to finish the sentence but I can't. It hurts to much, for me, let alone how Ron must feel. Fred was only my friend, he was his brother, I can't imagine how the whole Weasley family must feel. Ron starts sobbing again. "Sorry." I say. He hugs me tight. "It's all right, I appreciate, that you are trying to make me feel better." he replies. We sit here for a while not knowing what to do or say. "Let's go, get some rest." I say. "Are you mental? Harry is out there, we can't go rest now." Ron says. "We have to, there is nothing we can do. Besides, you need to spend time with your family." I get up. "Right, I-" Ron starts "Just go, Olivia and I are going to the Gryffindor common room." Hermione says, also getting up. "We will see you tomorrow." she says and her and I walk away. Back to the common room. Or what is left of it anyway. "Do you think Harry is all right?" she asks. "To be honest? I don't know." "Me neither, he is our best friend, and we should have faith in him. But he is fighting against Voldemort." I nod. "It is late, Hermione, let's go to bed." I say, we go to our room and get ready for bed. Once laying in it, I feel my eyes getting heavy. But I can't seem to fall asleep. It doesn't feel right to sleep. I don't know what Harry is up to, I don't know what Draco is up to. I don't know if Draco is even all right, or if Harry is. My mind is all over the place, but eventually I fall asleep. "Olivia! Wake up! Wake up!" Hermione shakes me awake, after a night what felt like hours, but also like minutes. These last few weeks have been a mess, these last few weeks have made me a mess. Not knowing who died, or who didn't, not even knowing if mom knows what I am up too. Not knowing what mom herself is up too. If she even is doing all right. Not having had the time to write to her, hurts me. I am sure she must feel the same, she may even has heard about the attack. Wondering if I am still alive. "What?" "Harry.." she says. "Is he all right?" "I don't know Neville didn't tell us. We just need to get to the courtyard as soon as possible." I throw my covers away and get out of bed. Quickly changing into my clothes and Hermione and I run to the courtyard. We see a whole parade walking on the bridge towards us. Hagrid holding someone, looking defeated. I can't bare to see him like this. "Who is that? Hagrid's carrying?" I hear Ginny ask softly once Voldemort and his Death Eaters walk onto the courtyard. "Neville, who is it?" she asks again as Hermione, Ron and I walk closer to her, Neville and Arthur. "Harry Potter..." Voldemort starts. "is dead!" he yells. "NO! NO!" Ginny yells. Arthur follows her. Harry? Dead? I feel a lump in my throat, the tears sting my face. "Silence!" Voldemort says. "Stupid girl. Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith... in me." Every student is standing on the courtyard now, every professor is standing with us. "Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort says again, turning to his Death Eaters. Who start laughing and cheering. Heart breaking, Harry Potter, THE Harry Potter is dead. George is standing beside me and I grab his hand. He pulls me closer and squeezes my hand. I close my eyes, and let the tears fall from my eyes. I am surprised that there are any left. Voldemort starts laughing too, "And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us. Or die." he says. No one moves, except Bellatrix she goes to stand on a plateau. "Draco." Lucius says, a shock runs through me. I look back, there he is, in the back on the stairs. I look straight in his eyes, he already was looking at me. His eyes are glossy. "Oh, Draco." Lucius says again. "Draco.." Narcissa says. This seems to grab his attention. He pulls his head away from me and looks at his mother. "come." he looks at me one more time and starts walking. "Draco?" I say. Let go of George's hand, to walk towards Draco. I grab his hand "Please." "Coming to join us too? Miss Soulton?" Voldemort says. "Never." I hiss. He looks at me pissed. I grab Draco's head and make him look at me. "Please, don't do this." tears fall from my eyes, I see that there are also tears coming from his eyes. "Sorry baby girl, I love you, but I have to do this." He pulls his head from my hands and walks to Voldemort. "Well done, Draco. Well done." Voldemort says, and he pulls Draco into a hug. A shot of pain strikes my heart. George seems to notice and hugs me. Voldemort let's go of Draco and Draco walks to his parents. George keeps holding me as Neville stumbles forward. But my eyes can't seem to be taken off of Draco. "Ah, well, I must say I'd hoped for better." Voldemort says. The Death Eaters start to laugh. I now look at Neville, is he really going to go to them? I see that he is holding a hat. It is the Sorting Hat. "And who might you be, young man?" Voldemort asks, walking towards Neville. "Neville Longbottom." Neville replies, making the Death Eaters laugh only louder. "Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks." Voldemort says.