Part 115

We try to destroy the locket with spells. But nothing happens. With every spell we cast at it it flies away. So eventually we give up. Harry takes it from the ground and puts is back around his neck. "What are you doing?" Hermione asks "We need to keep it safe, until we find out how to destroy it." Harry replies. "Seems strange, mate. Dumbledore sends you off to find all these horcruxes but doesn't tell you how to destroy them. Doesn't that bother you?" Ron asks, a little annoyed. "He is right Harry, it seems a bit strange." I agree with him. Harry sighs but doesn't reply, instead he just walks back to the tent. Ron Hermione and I follow him back into the tent. Ron turns back on the radio, he has been listening to it since yesterday. Listening to the list of people who have gone missing, or who are reported to be dead. I have been listening with him aswell, making sure I don't hear mom or Draco's name. I know Draco is a Death Eater and I probably won't hear his name, but just to make sure.

---------------------------

A couple of weeks have gone by, with us just sitting in and around the tent. Ron listening to the radio, Harry trying to figure out a way to destroy the locket. Hermione and I taking care of the four of us, me trying to find a way to contact Draco. But I haven't been succesfull, my sleep schedule is messed up, all I can think about is him. I can't help but cry every night when the others are asleep, not wanting them to know. Also we have been trying to figure out what the other horcruxes are, without any succes. We have no idea where to start looking, or what the horcruxes are even. So these last couple of weeks have been hard, not just on me, but on all of us. We have decided it is best to go away from this place. We have been here to long. So we have packed and started our journey again. Ron keeps listening to the radio, it is becoming a little annoying really, but most of the time I listen with him. We walk and walk and walk, not even knowing where to go really. Everytime we make a stop for the night, Harry tries to destroy the locket again and again and again. But nothing works, the locket doesn't even seem damaged. It is hopeless. Nothing seems to help us, in any way at all. Ron has been lying in bed most of the time, still trying to recover from when he got splinched. But Harry and Hermione have been trying to figure out how to destroy the locket and how to locate the other horcruxes. I haven't been much of a help either. My mind is no where near the locket or the horcruxes, it has been on Draco, and I can't seem to take it off of him. Hermione is cutting Harry's hair, since it has been getting out of hand. A funny look on him, may I say. "Oh my god!" Hermione says and drops the scissors on the floor. "What?" Harry and I say at the same time. "I'll tell you in a minute." she replies and walks to the table and grabs a book. "Maybe you could tell us now." Harry says and him and I walk to her. "The Sword of Gryffindor- it's Goblin-made." "Brilliant." Harry says "No, you don't understand. Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger." "Okay?" I say "Harry, you've already destroyed one horcrux, right?" she says and Harry nods. "Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets." "With a Basalisk fang. If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours-" "Don't you see? In the Chamber of Secrets, you stabbed the Basalisk with the Sword of Gryffindor. It's blade is impregnated with Basalisk venom." "It only takes in that-" I start "Which makes it stronger." Harry cuts me of excitedly. "Exactly, which is why-" "It can destroy horcruxes." he cuts off Hermione this time. He has a thing for cutting people off mid sentence I think. "And that's why Dumbledore left it to you in his will." I say. "You are brilliant, Hermione!" Harry says grabbing her hand and squeezing it. "Truly." "Actually, I'm highly logical, which allows me to look past extraneous detail. And perceive clearly that which others overlook." "Yeah. There is only one problem, of course." Harry says but then the lights go out, and there are footsteps, now Ron is standing at the end of the table. "The sword was stolen." he says and he lets the lights back out of his deluminator. "Yeah. I'm still here. But you three carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun." he says angrily, but also rather calmly. "What's wrong?" Harry asks and turns on the bench to face him. "What's wrong? Nothing's wrong. Not according to you, anyway." "Look, if you've got something to say, don't be shy. Spit it out." "All right, I'll spit it out. But don't expect me to be grateful just because now there's another damn thing we've got to find." Ron is getting heated now "I thought you knew what you signed up for." "Yeah. I thought I did, too." "Well, then, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand." Harry is getting annoyed with Ron now and stands up from the bench and walks over to him. I give Hermione a look and we both stand up too, to make sure no one is getting hurt. "What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? D-did you think we were gonna be staying in a five-star hotel finding a horcrux every other day? You thought you'd be back with your mom by Christmas." "I just thought after all this time we would have actually achieved something. I thought you knew what you were doing. I thought Dumbledore would have told you something worthwhile. I thought you had a plan!" Ron says now really angry.