Part 11

I sit here for about 2 minutes when Draco walks in. "So tell me what did you want to talk about." he says a bit annoyed while closing the door. "Well I wanted to say sorry, for ignoring you the week after that night." "Yeah what the bloody hell was that all about?" He says angry as he slaps his hands on the table. Which scared me, but he doesn't seem to care. "Well Malfoy, one minute you were super nice and the moment Snape came out into the courtyard, you went back to the cold person you pretend to be. Not even giving two shits about me anymore, or not even caring to help me out. Just standing there saying nothing and being cold." Now was my time to be mad again, thinking about it. "What was THAT all about?" "I didn't want Snape to uhm." he starts with a guitly look on his face. "You don't even know? Bloody hell Draco. I thought you were different." I say standing up from my stool willing to storm of, but as I walked past him he grabbed my arm holding me very tight, probably not wanting me to yank myself loose walk away. "I am s-sorry Olivia, I didn't know that that bothered you so much." I could hear the honesty in his voice, I turned to face him. "Really I had no idea. I was mad at you because you didn't talk to me, and let me take all the blame and punishment for that night." "Yeah what was up with that? You thought it would make it better? It made it worse, because I thought that you thought it would make it better." I say to him mad. "I indeed thought that you would be less mad at me, not knowing what I did wrong but trying to make it up to you, if I took the punishment. I really did feel bad. I still do. I am sorry I went cold on you in the courtyard with Snape." he says looking down at his feet. I could tell he was really sorry, and that he was struggling to let that show. I just stepped closer and hugged him, like I wanted to do these last few weeks. He froze up, but then put his arms around me and hold me tight. He let go, so that was my sign to do so too. I stepped back, already missing the feeling of his arms around me. As if he could read my mind he said: "I know you fancy me, Soulton." with a smirk on his face. Making me blush and turn around to grab my bag, in the hope it would be gone by the time I got back up and that he hadn't noticed. But clearly he did, because his smirk now was turned into a grin and he chuckled. "I am just messing with you, now let's go have some lunch before your boyfriend Weasly ate it all." I laughed knowing the kid could eat. Draco walked to the door, "You go first check if no one is around and go straight to the Great Hall. I will come later." I nod and walk to the door as well. Opening it and stick my head out, no one in sight, great I walk out. "Bye, Malfoy." "Soulton." he said a smirk on his face. I walk up the stairs of the dungeon and walk to the Great Hall, trying to make up an excuse for being so late, Ron had probably told them I was going to the bathroom, but I was almost 10 minutes late. I can't think of anything so I just walk to the others and sit down. "So she didn't drown in the toilet." Harry says laughing as I sit down. "Well nearly. Moaning Myrtle almost drowned me in her tears." I say joking seeing Hermione look at the door, I follow her gaze and see Draco walk in. She looks at me with a risen eyebrow, I shake my head. Hoping she won't suspect anything, besides, there is nothing going on between us. Draco takes his place at his table, and he can't seem to keep his eyes off of me, not that I can keep my eyes off of him. 

----------------

I am sitting in the Gryffindor common room and it is the day of the Yule Ball, and still no one asked me to be their date. I wasn't expecting Draco to aks me anymore, yes we weren't fighting but we also weren't really speaking either. I do know that I do fancy him like he said he knew I did, I know I do. There is no way denying it. He is on my mind all the time, and I want to be back in his arms, they felt so strong and made me feel safe. A tap on my shoulder makes me jump. I turn around and see Neville stand there. "Hey sorry didn't mean to scare you like that." he said with a guilty look on his face. "It is fine Neville, I was deep in thoughts, what can I do for you?" I ask smiling at my friend. "Well I was wondering, I know it is last minute but would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me? As friends of course, but no one wanted to go with me." he asks, "Yes of course Neville I would love to go to the Yule Ball with you! And don't worry, no one asked me so you are not the only one no one wanted to go with." I say pouting a bit but trying to smile at him. "Hey, come on stand up." he says cheerful I do as I have been told and Neville walks to my side of the sofa I was sitting on and opens his arms. I smile at him and give him the hug he wanted. Gosh Neville is such a sweetheart. Harry walks in with a smile on his face. "Why are we hugging?" he says. "Olivia was a little sad no one had asked her to the Ball, but I did right before she told me so I wanted to give her a hug." "So are you going to the Ball together?" I nod "As friends." I add. "But Harry why are you smiling?" I ask. "I also have a date!" "Did Cho say yes?" I ask excitedly knowing he liked her. "No she still is going with Cedric. But I am going Parvati." Harry says happily. "Good I am happy for you. Do you know if Ron asked Hermione?" I ask. "He did, but she said she already was going with someone. No clue who." "She is? Why didn't she tell me." "Come on guys we have to get to class, Moody will be moody if we are late." Neville jokes, we laugh and walk to class.