Part 132

"I'd like to say something." Neville says, "Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say." Voldemort says. "It doesn't matter that Harry's gone." Neville starts, I gasp, did he really just say that? "Stand down, Neville." Seamus says. I look back up and lock eyes with Draco, right as I do so. I can't take my eyes off of him, I don't even want to take my eyes off of him. "People die every day. Friends, family. Yeah. We lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us, in here." Neville continues, and moves his hand to his heart. "So's Fred... and Remus, Tonks. All of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will. Because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us! This is not over!" Neville pulls the Sword of Gryffindor out of the Sorting Hat. In that moment Harry jumps out of Hagrids arms. He is not dead? "Potter!" Draco yells. I look at him and see him throw a wand at Harry."Confringo!" Harry yells and fires the spell at Nagini. I feel George move. I look at him and he has turned his head towards the other side. The side where Fred always stood. "Look Freddie-" he says, but realizes that Fred isn't here anymore. Tears spring in my eyes. Bloody, this is so hard. Especially for George. Draco runs over to me and grabs me. He kisses me. Voldemort fires spells at Harry, who is trying to escape. There are whooses everywhere. "Where are you going? No! no, come back!" Bellatrix yells. Death Eaters are leaving, seeing that Voldemort is going to die soon. I can feel the power build up inside me, I feel strong again. "Draco! Come back! Come back and fight!" Harry runs towards us, Draco grabs my hand and we run into the castle. "I'll lure him into the castle!" Harry says to us. "We have to kill the snake." "You'll need this!" Hermione yells, holding out the Basalisk fang. "Neville!" Arthur yells. Neville is running out of the castle again, with the Sword high in the air, ready to kill Nagini. But Voldemort stupifies him. So he flies back. Draco and I run into the castle, Harry run the other way, everyone is gone. It's just the two of us again. "I thought you were going to stay with them." I say. "Never. I belong with you, not them. You know that right?" I smile and hug him. I feel the ground shake. I hear Harry yell, I hear Voldemort yell. "Where are they?" "I don't know. But don't go look." Draco replies. I look at him. Clearly a look of guilt on my face, but I let go of him and run away, ready to find someone, who needs my help. I see Ron and Hermione stand on the stairs, with Nagini. Ron goes to kill the snake, but Nagini saw him and snapped at him, making him drop the fang. He starts running, Hermione follows him. I see Nagini follow them. "O-" I turn around and see Draco run towards me. I place my finger on my mouth to quiet him. He sees Nagini follow Ron and Hermione, so he shuts up. Ron and Hermione run towards the door, Ron throws a spell at Nagini, but they fall onto the bricks. But then Neville comes out of nowhere with the Sword. And before Nagini can attack them, Neville chops of her head with the Sword. Draco grabs me and holds me tight, I look to my let and see that Harry and Voldemort are standing on the courtyard, both of them throwing a spell at one another. Then the Elder wand flies out of Voldemorts hand and Harry catches it. Nagini is dead. Voldemort is alone. Without a wand. For a few seconds nothing happens. Then Voldemort starts to fall appart, pieces of his skin fly away as if he is build from tiny pieces of flesh and bones and skin. It is kind of gross to see, but also satisfying. Since it is our biggest enemy, who is dying in front of our eyes. I look back at Draco. He seems as if he doesn't know what to think, or how to feel. I get it, Voldemort was his leader almost. But I know he is glad that he is gone, and that it is over. "You can be happy, you know? It is done. We are the winners, we can finally be together, for real." I say, and grab his head. I smile at him. "I know, and I am, I am happy. Truely, happy." He picks me up and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. "I have missed you so much, baby girl." "I promise, I will never leave you again. Ever." I place my forehead on his. He smiles. "Good, 'cause neither am I. I love you." He puts me back down on the ground. "Olivia? Draco?" I hear Harry say behind me. "Harry!" I let go of Draco and turn around. Hugging Harry, tightly. "Oh Merlin, I am so happy you are safe!" "We need to talk. The five of us." he says and lets go of me. I look at him, behind him are Ron and Hermione. I look back at Draco, who looks just as confused as me. I nod and we walk to the bridge. Harry goes to stand on a brick, on the edge of the bridge. "Why didn't it work for him?" Hermione asks him. "The Elder Wand?" "It answered to somebody else. When he killed Snape, he thought the Wand would become his. But the thing is, the Wand never belonged to Snape." Harry replies. I look from him to Draco. "It was Draco who disarmed Dumbledore that night in the Astronomy Tower." I say, looking at Draco. "From that moment on, the Wand answered to him." Harry finishes. "Until... the other night when I disarmed Draco at Malfoy Manor." Draco looks at me, as if he forgotten that he was the master of the Elder Wand. But he also seems glad he isn't anymore. "So, that means.." Ron says. "It's mine." Harry replies. "What should we do with it?" Ron asks "We?" Hermione answers. "I'm just saying, that's the Elder Wand, the most powerful wand in the world. With that, we'd be invincible." Ron says, Harry seems to debate with himself wether he should keep it or not. But then he snaps the wand in two and throws both pieces off of the bridge. Hermione and Ron walk to the edge, and Harry walks away. After a few seconds Hermione walks to his side and grabs his hand. I do the same on the other side. Ron grabs Hermione's other hand and Draco grabs mine. We stand there for a while, until someone yells my name from the castle.