Part 14

I wake up, and I hear Hermione curse. "Ho, what is wrong?" I ask rubbing my eyes. "I can't find my book." "Which one?" I aks. "Oh wait, here it is, you lend it to me." I say grabbing it from my night stand and handing it to her. "Thank you, did you finish it?" She asks. I shake my head. "But it is fine, I will read it when you get back, enough books in the library." I say smiling at her. "Do you know if Draco is going home? Maybe he will keep you company." she says smirking at me. "No I don't know if he is going home, and I doubt he would want to keep me company over this break." I say nudging her as I walk to our door to go down to the common room. As we walk down stairs I hear Ron talk. "I am honestly glad I get to go home, tired of school." he says, making me feel sad again, since I am not going home. Hermione must've noticed this because she put her arm around me. I smile up at her. "Good morning boys." she says. "Good morning. Ready to go home?" Harry says excitedly, not knowing I am not going home. I feel a tear drip from my eye. "Wow what is wrong?" Harry then asks looking at me concerned. I look at him, now feeling two other pair of eyes on me: Ron's and Neville's. "I got a letter last night, that I won't be able to go home this break." I say tearing up again. Hermione hugs me, Harry walks up to us and hugs me too. "Group hug!" Neville says and him and Ron join the hug, making me laugh a little. I am so grateful for these people. "Ok, now let's get to the feast so you can eat before your train leaves." I say. They all let go of me and each other, and we make our way to the Great Hall. We walk inside and take our seats. "Good morning students." professor Dumbledore starts, "After this feast most of the students will leave for the Christmas break, which means the school will be mostly empty. But we will manage." wiping a fake tear from his eye, making a lot of students laugh. I feel the real tears form in my eyes again. I cross my arms on the table and put my head in them, not wanting people to see me cry. I feel Ron put a hand on my back, since he is sitting next to me. I stay there for a while, until it is time for Hermione, Harry and Ron to leave. Neville isn't leaving either, so at least I have him to hang around with. We get up and all walk to the front doors of the castle to say our goodbyes. "Have a save trip you!" I say hugging Harry one last time. "We will. And you write us!" Hermione says, pointing a finger at me winking, knowing she wants to hear all about Draco and me. Which probably won't be anything. I still think he is leaving too, so nothing will happen. The three of them walk away, and Neville and I decide to hang in the Gryffindor common room. "I am going to the library first, going to look for a book to read, want to come?" I ask him, "No, you go, I have a book in my room, see you later." he says and walks off. I walk towards the library and go look for a book. Not really knowing what I want to read yet. Walking through the rows of the library trying to figure out what to read, I feel a presence beside me. Before I could turn the presence made itself clear by holding a book in front of me. "Here you should read this, it is a very good book." he says. I smile and turn to face him. "I didn't know you stayed here too this break." "Yeh, didn't feel like going home." he says. "Well Malfoy what is this book about that you think I should read?" "Hmm, back to Malfoy? I liked it better when you called me Draco." he says a grin on his face, "I know that is why I like Malfoy better." smiling at him "So what is the book about?" I ask again raising my eyebrow at him, when he starts studying the book I laugh a little. "Muggles." he then says, "And you? Of all people, like this book." "No never read it. Just wanted to uhm." he starts rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. "You just wanted what? Talk to me?" I say mocking him. "No! Well maybe." he says to my surprise. "What don't look so surprised, also you are the only one of my friends not going home." he says admitting. "Friends huh? I am your friend?" I say raising my eyebrow at him again mocking him. His cheeks turn red a little. He is so cute damn. "So, you were looking for a book?" he says changing the subject making me giggle. "Yes I was going to hangout with Neville in our common room, but I also wanted to read. I just don't know what." "You hang with Longbottom?" he says "Yes, are we not friends anymore now? What a shame." I say realizing we had been standing here for some time now, so I started walking looking on the shelves to find a book to read. "No I didn't mean it like that." he says a little irritated. "Haha, I knoww. Now help me find a book, Neville must think I got lost in the library if we stay here longer and talk." I say turning around to face him, a little smile on his face making him look so good. "Fine, what are you looking for?" he says after a few seconds of just standing there looking good. "Duh, a book to read." I say mocking him. He rolls his eyes at my stupidity and I laugh. "I honestly don't know Malfoy." "Then how should I help you find a book, if you don't even know what you want?" he says. I laugh. "I don't know, I was hoping you could think of anything." I admit. "Ok well, what kind of books do you like?" he asks I shrug. "Anything really." I say, he looks focused on thinking, so I decide to walk towards him and poke him in his waist. I do so, and run away, a slightly annoyed Malfoy following me. He has longer legs than me so he catches up to me.

A/N
Don't forget to vote! Please <3