Part 2

"Good morning everyone, I trust everyone had a great summer?" An old man says standing in front of everyone. He has a long beard and long grey hair. That must be professor Dumbledore, Harry told me about him. I am now seated at the side of the room with all the new students, who also don't have their houses yet. "We have a lot of new student, so let's get started with the sorting." He says and a older lady steps up, an hat in her one hand and a roll of paper in the other. "Let's start with the new fourth year student." I know she is talking about me. "Olivia Soulton." she than says and I stand up and walk towards her. She motions me to sit in the chair, and puts the hat on my head. "Hmmm, a though one. But I must place you in GRYFFINDOR." It yells making me jump. I hear laughter, I look to my right and see that Malfoy boy and his friends laughing at me. I give him a death stare, and get up and walk to my table. Where everyone is cheering for me. I sit next to Hermione and opposite of Harry, I can see Malfoy from here. And must I admit, he is not ugly, but he probably knows it, which makes it annoying. Now I get why Harry and the others don't like him, he is a prick. Everyone is sorted in their houses, so the feast begins. Ron digs in, pancake after pancake, that kid can eat. "Don't worry, he will be full eventually." Harry jokes seeing my face as I watch Ron eat. "What? I love food ok?" he says, I giggle. What a charming boy... After the feast the four of us have Defence against the Dark Arts. I am glad I am not the only one in that class, that I at least know someone. Professor Dumbledore started speaking again: "Your attention please. I'd like to say a few words. Etenral Glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." I hear the Weasly twins say "Wicked" Then the professor continues "For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of International Magical Cooperation. Mr. Bartemius Crouch" A man steps upfront. In the corner of my eye I see a weird looking man standing behind all the professors. And right then the ceiling starts thundering. Everyone starts to scream. The weird looking man grabs his wand and calms the ceiling, now everyone notices him. "Bloody hell. It's Mad-Eye Moody." Ron says. "Alastor Moody? The Auror?" Hermione asks. "Auror?" Another kid asks. "Dark-wizard catcher. Half the cells of Azkaban are filled thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as hatter, though, these days." Ron says as Moody walks down the couple of steps to professor Dumbledore. "Ah, my dear old friend, thanks for coming. Stupid ceiling. Thank you." Dumbledore shakes his hand and Moody walks off again. Taking a gulp of something. "What is that he is drinking, do you suppose?" Another boy asks. "I don't know, but I don't think it is pumpkin juice." Harry says. Mr. Crouch walks up and clears his throat to get everyone's attention again. "After due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament." He speaks, I hear booing and cursing. But I think its fair. The twins yell: "That's rubbish!" Then Dumbledore speaks up again: "Silence!" Then he waves his wand over the stand he is standing next to and it reveals a cup. The cup than fills with blue fire, it's quit pretty. "The Goblet of Fire. Anyone widhing to submit themselves to the tournament, need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun.

--------------

After all what just happened we walk to the classroom, Hermione and I take a seat and Harry and Ron take the ones in front of us. The professor started writing on the board, his name: Professor Moody. As he was writing Malfoy and another boy came in and took their place, behind us. Then professor asked us about the Unforgivable Curses. He first asks how much of them there are. "Three sir." Hermione says. "And they are so named?" "Because they are unforgivable." she then says. He is going to show us the unforgivable curses? "They are shown to sixth years, not fourth." Hermione whispers. "What? This man is mad!" I say. "Scared of some curses now Granger?" Malfoy says, who obviously overheard us. I turn around "They are not just some cruses Malfoy, they are very dangerous!" "So that is a reason to be scared?" He asks "Quit!" Moody yells, and I turn back around in shock. I hear Malfoy laugh. "Shut up Malfoy." I say. "So which curse shall we see first? Weasly! Stand."  Ron does as he is told and stands up. "Well... My dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse." Moody walks back to his desk and he shows us the curses. They are terrible. "I can't look." I whisper to Hermione. "Well look at me then. I am quit the view." Malfoy says, "You really do think highly of yourself eyh Malfoy." "Oh dear just call me Draco. And you can't tell me I am wrong. I am not bad looking." "Pff sure Malfoy." Hermione says. I mean he is right, he is not bad looking at all.  I think. "Yeah shut up Malfoy." and look away from him and close my eyes. "Stop it! Can't you see it is bothering him?!" I hear Hermione yell from beside me. I open my eyes and see Neville shivering and looking at the spider Moody is torturing. He then stops and places the spider in front of Hermione and asks her: "Well miss Granger, what is the last curse?" she closes her eyes to not have to look at him. When she doesn's answer he says "Avada Kedavra." and the spider dies in front of Hermione. In shock I turn away feeling the my eyes burn from the tears forming in them. "The killing curse. Only one person is known to have survived it. He is sitting right in this room." I look back at Moody and he walks over to Harry. And stays put in front of him.