Part 13

I remove the letter carefully from Dexter's paw. I look at the handwriting, it is from mom. I open it excitedly. 

Dear Olive

I wanted to write you right after I got your letter, I just did not have the time to do so. I am glad to hear you are enjoying yourself at Hogwarts. I am very busy here, I am sorry but you won't be able to come home for Christmas. A lot of people are  sick here in the hospital, I cannot get out of it sorry Olivia. I know you really miss me, I miss you too very much. But I can't risk you coming here now that there are very sick people all around me all day. I really am sorry Olivia. I love you and hope to see you in the Summer. I miss you!

Love Mom

What? I can't go see mom this Christmas, I already packed. I would be leaving tomorrow. Guess I won't be. I feel my eyes tear up, not wanting to wake up Hermione I get dressed. And sneak to the courtyard again. Luckily no one is here. I sit on a bench and start sobbing. Crying, I won't see my mom until Summer. That is so long. I was looking forward to seeing her. I hear the door open and put my hood over my head and turn away from the door. Trying to quiet my sobs, not wanting them to know I am crying. I hear footsteps walk faster and faster towards me. "Olivia?" I hear the voice of Draco say. I turn further away from him. Not wanting him, of all people, see me cry. I feel him sit next to me. I stand up and walk away. "Olivia, what is wrong?" He starts, but I keep walking. Trying to find a quiet place for me to be alone again. But I keep hearing footsteps behind me. "Please Draco leave me alone." I say and my voice cracks, great now I know for sure he knows I am crying. I feel his hand on my arm turning me around and pulling me into him, for a hug. I cry in his chest, making his shirt wet. He doesn't seem to care about that. We stand like this for what feels like forever, him holding me very very close to him. "What is wrong, Olivia?" He asks quietly as my sobs start to quiet down. I turn my head so that the right side of my face is against his chest, I feel him put his head on mine. "I just got a letter from mom." I say still sobbing. "Come lets sit." he says leading us to an bench nearby. We sit down, him not letting go of me. "She said, I couldn't come home for Christmas." I say starting my sobs again. He hugs me closer as my sobs come back. He just holds me there, and it feels so good. "I am so sorry Olivia, I know you miss her very much." I nod. "She works in a hospital and there are a lot of sick people coming in now, and she cannot leave. Making me have to stay here." I say he rubs his hand up and down my arm trying to comfort me. "I wish there was something I could do for you." he says, I feel the honesty in his voice. "Thanks, but there is nothing you can do. There is nothing anyone can do, I won't see my mom until Summer." I say "I know, but I wish there was at least something I could do." I look up at him and smile. "Thank you." I just say, he looks confused. "For what?" "For comforting me. I know we haven't really spoken lately but it is really nice of you." I say. All of a sudden we hear someone say: "Oh my god." Draco lets go of me and I sit up. Hermione is standing just a couple of feet away from us. "Hermione what are you doing here?" "I woke up, saw you were not in your bed and found the letter from your mom. And figured you would be here. Not thinking you would be in the arms of Malfoy." she says looking at him mad. "Hermione, please." I say standing up. "I didn't know he would be here. I came here, no one was here. I tried walking away from him when he found me but I just needed someone to comfort me." "You could have come to me!" she nearly yells. "I did not wanted to wake you." I say. She turns around and storms back inside. I look at Draco. "Sorry." he says and I run after Hermione. I get back in our dormitory and she is laying on her bed. "Sorry, Hermione I really didn't know he was there." "You think I am mad that you were in Draco's arms?" I nod. "No I am not mad that it was him who comforted you, I am mad that you didn't come to me in the first place. I know you like him, I don't mind." "What? You don't mind it was him?" "No, I know Harry and Ron won't like it, but I see that you really like him. I can't be mad at you for liking who you like. I was at first but I know you can't do anything about it." I nod, walking to her and sitting on her bed and hug her. "Also I am sorry you won't be able to go to your mother this Christmas." She says. I just realized that I didn't deny that I like Draco, there is something seriously wrong with me. "Also you did not deny that you like Draco." Hermione giggled. "I know I was just thinking that. But I do, I really do like him. It is weird I know. But remember when I sneaked out in my first week here? I also went to the courtyard and Draco was there too. We sat and talked. And ended up having a snowball fight. Before Snape caught us. It was really nice. It is like he is a different person when we are alone, I know that sounds stupid sorry." "No it doesn't I was watching you guys for a little while outside and he really seemed to care about how you felt about you not going home for Christmas. It was sweet really." she said making a disgusted face making me laugh. "Now, get some sleep. Ron, Harry and I leave early in the morning and we want you to come say goodbye." I nod and get back in bed and fall asleep.