Protection - Task One

User: HungerGamesWolf

Name: Lana

"I'll see you next week!" My mom's voice trailed as I shut the door. Freedom. I dance a little jingle as I dash to my room.

Meow.

I jump up, only then realizing the intruder was our cat Sprinkles.

"Don't do that to me!" I shout as she scatters out the door.

"Silly cat."

I lay my head down and drown the outside out with sweet melodies of violins.

***

The scratching finally draws me downstairs. That dumb cat. *Chik*

"Come here girl!"

I spot a small tattered tail sticking out from behind the loveseat and I snatch Sprinkles up.

"Lana?" A voice sends my body into a scared paralysis.

"Don't move. It'll only hurt more." I can't feel my skin. My breathing is rugid and my heart beat makes my body involuntarily convulse.

The Voice makes his way in front of me and begins to stare intensely.

"You don't seem like much." He smiles. "Sorry about this. Didn't want to but didn't want a fight. Oh. Yeah. I'm Thomas."

Thomas begins to circle me again, evaluating me.

"You can talk now." He whispers. I can feel my face loosening.

"What *breath* is happening?"

"You don't...know?" He begins to pace back in forth then suddenly, stops. His eyes begin to flicker and my body starts to freeze.

"Stop me." He spits. My skin aches at the strange paralytic cocoon.

"DO IT!" Thomas's face goes black as he strangles me.

"STOP ME YOU PATHETIC SWINE!"

No. This can't be happening. I...this....can't be happening. I close my eyes and think of a better place, away from this mad ending. My skin begins to chill and I lay latent. Dying.

The sound of rapid hardening, brings me to open my eyes. A rainbow like shield encases me.

"Wow. You're like me." He chuckles.

Wait. What? I step away from the beautiful case and it dissolves instantly.

"Able to shield yourself at the atomic level. Hmmm. Interesting. How do you do it? Densing the atoms?" He rambles. I watch as he goes back and forth with himself. "Who are you?"

"I'm Thomas. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: infinitywordlover

Name: Zander

It's common knowledge in the Hybrid world that the only way to activate powers is to stare death in the eye for a full minute.

For me, that's a bit of a joke for my family. I personally don't remember it, and I shouldn't because it happened when I wasn't even in the world yet.

My mother claims that I was a stubborn baby and that my head was huge and it resulted in me getting stuck. I refused to get born. My umbilical cord tangled around my neck nearly killing me, and the doctor had to do an emergency c-section. Then Poof! I was born, already traumatized enough to show powers. Yippee.