Chapter Four - Frozen Ground

Penny

I stepped forward on the frozen ground, ceiling, and walls all frozen. I turned the corner of one frozen wall leading to another turn, I'm in a maze, I thought. Why I didn't know, but I knew I had to protect myself no matter what.

I turned a few corners, meet some forks in the road, chose left or right. I was about to turn another corner, when I saw a blurry black figure in the reflection of the ice. Some one is here, adrenaline rushed through my body. I gathered the rush of my powers in the palm of my hands, I quickly turned and shot in the direction of the figure, but it was fast too. I went back behind the wall thinking of what to do next how to win this fight.

The wall I hid behind suddenly chattered, broken ice scrapping my skin. I ducked and rolled (hurting my neck in the process) I shot at him, it hit his arm causing him to fall to his knees. I got up ready to shoot him with electricity, but then my head hurt. It rang in my ears, he was sending electric waves to mess up my brain. I collapsed to the floor blood dripping from my ears and nose. I look at the pieces of the shattered ice wall and I got it.

With the energy I had left I crawled to a crack in the ice, I held up my elbow and banged it on the crack. The pain of the ice in my elbow hurt like heck, but I continue until I got through. Water, just like I thought, I put my hand into the ice cold water creating electricity, I lifted my hand up and it came from under the boy nocking him down.

The ringing left my head and I sent the last of my electricity to finish him. I panted my whole body aching. I went over to him, he seemed like such a nice boy, I wish there was another way. I ran away from our battle area picking the ice from my elbow. The electricity hit my chest sending me back to the wall, a girl was standing there ready to get rid of me.

I coughed, blood in my spit. I couldn't do this I used to much energy before. I tried to stand up but her foot hit my face sending me back down on the ice. I had no chose but to send brain waves to her mind to fry it. I know it was used to reboot it, but the boy tried the same thing, and I had no choice.

I started and she stepped back, she seemed shocked then she realized what I was doing. She screamed kicking me in the stomach, but I tried to keep my hold and not look at her as she screamed. She kicked again and again, the waves were messing with her powers. Then she stopped, she was dead. I couldn't breathe well, the waves were dangerous not only to her but it hurt me too. I held up my knees to my chest wanting for all of this to be over.