Second Encounters

Realm One: Treetop Base Capture

--Base Three--

Andreana and Maris split from their team and start a tedious journey along one of the hardest paths. Andreana has a hard time keeping up but manages through sheer determination and Maris's assistance. Sabrina and Crysalis split off from their team and take one of the paths filled with zip lines and rope bridges. Crysalis struggles to hold on with her hurt arm but continues on, fighting through the pain.

The four of them come to a huge rope net that dips down close to the lava and in the center of the net - on a high rising platform - is the treehouse. There are holes in the net big enough to fall through and some of the rope has been burned away or is weak. Four rope ladders lead up to the tree house hovering in the center of the rope net - but first they need to not fall into the lava below.

Crysalis has control over the lava and uses that to her advantage, Andreana's emotional force is enough to drive both Crysalis and Sabrina a bit insane, Sabrina's ability to transform her surroundings may be the only thing keeping her alive, and Maris is ready to use whatever form of wildlife available to her to win.

Only one coupling can claim the tree house for their team, who will it be? Who might fall into the lava below? And who might escape with their life but lose the tree house in the process? And maybe their partner?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Realm Two: Underwater Atlantis Maze

--Riddle One--

Luke and Loira split from their team and end up going left into the maze. Unfortunately, this route leads them down a dark tunnel without any source of light and eventually they hit a dead end. Forced to back track, the two decide to split up - Loira stays behind while Luke shreds his solid form and flies through the maze - looking for a way out. However, this ends badly as Loira accidentally runs into a coupling from the other team.

Emerald and Leandra split from their team and go straight, walking blindly into the underground ruins of the atlantis city. They end up stumbling through thick, smelly sewer water - the farther in they walk the smaller the light gets and the water starts to recede. Soon, they're stuck in darkness and Emerald's injuries start to annoy her. Leandra wants to split up but is neglect to do so seeing as Emerald is struggling.

Both Emerald and Leandra accidentally stumble upon Loira, who is waiting for Luke's return. The three face off in the darkness, unable to see each other but aware of the other's presence. Just when Leandra and Loira are about to face off, Luke reappears and starts off down a dark hallway with Loira in tow.

Emerald and Leandra follow and the four of them walk directly into the shimmering yellow wall with the outline of a one on it. They then find themselves in a small room with only one exit and find a glass wall to be in the place of the shimmering wall. Words scroll over the screen and a robotic voice fills the silence.

"Riddle One: Poor people have it, rich people need it, and if you eat it you die. What is it?"

Turning back toward the exit, the four of them find that a series of spaces have appeared on it's surface.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

PM me what you believe the answer to be and then continue writing the prompt. Hopefully this one isn't as easy as the last one.

The apprentices struggle to guess the answer but eventually, one team speaks the correct word out loud and a loud click resonates through the room. A bright silver key floats down from the ceiling, hovering just out of reach. Both teams are aware that only one coupling will make it through the door.

Who will get the key and escape through the door first? Who will lose their life in the fight? And who will be left behind in the tiny room with no way out?

------------------------------------You have 96 hours---------------------------------------------

Sorry for not posting this yesterday, I was planning to and then I got caught up in school lessons. :/ Anyways, this is it! You all have 96 hours (four days) to get your version to me! Pay attention to detail and don't give me just a paragraph of writing - you have four days, use them.

P.S. This is the last encounter I will be posting for about three weeks as I'm leaving the country for two and a half weeks and moving to a new house. I'm busy with packing and I need to finish thirtysomething school lessons before next Friday (lucky me). So, sorry but after this encounter the contest will be on hold and I will be inactive.