Third Encounters

Realm One: Treetop Base Capture

-Base Five-

Roman and Noah split off from their team with Noah pulling most of the weight. Roman is injured and struggles to keep up as Noah leads him across frayed rope bridges and through wiry tunnels that could break at any moment. Eventually, the two come to a cliff edge where the tree house sits several feet below, a rock wall leading down to it.

Steve and Gwen break off from their team and accidentally find themselves stuck on a high platform with the rope ladders, the only way down, broken. The tree house is only a stone's throw away, but a sea of hot lava and nothing to protect them lies between them and it.

Steve and Gwen see Roman and Noah attempting to get to the base and panic overwhelms them. Gwen, despite having already knocked on death's door, whips up a whirlwind of emotional terror. And Steve, having mastered the art of dreaming while awake, uses his Gift to exceptional degrees. Roman, against Noah's pleas of dismay, decides to use his Gift despite the weakness already plaguing his body. Noah, experienced with causing pain, sends Steve and Gwen into a bout of agony.

Only one team will make it to the base, who will lose their life in the fight? Who will escape without the base for their team? And who will claim base number five for their team?

Realm Two: Underwater Atlantis Maze

-Riddle Three-

Samuel and Serena break away from their group and end up going straight into the maze. They follow a brightly lit tunnel for several yards, admiring the ruins of the city and watching the sea creatures swim through a glass wall. Until suddenly, all the lights go out, save for one, coming from a dark hole in the floor of the tunnel.

A stone wall has blocked them in from behind, their only option is to go into the underwater tunnel that, for all they know, may stretch out for miles. Serena and Samuel are forced to proceed into an underwater tunnel, swimming with the sea creatures.

Ripley and Alice split from their team and decide to go right, finding themselves climbing up sets upon sets of endless stairs. Finally, they come to a bridge with nothing underneath it but city ruins that are hundreds of feet below them. The bridge is breaking, falling away in places.

But a bright pink door sits on the other side of the bridge, drawing Ripley and Alice to it. Meanwhile, Samuel and Serena somehow find a way to make it through the underwater tunnel and stumble through an identically pink door. Ripley and Alice end up crossing the bridge, though not without difficulty.

The two teams collide in a tiny room and instantly expect a fight, but a cold metallic voice reverberates through the small place and a projection of light splashes a series of words against the sandy floor.

Riddle Three: What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?

On the opposite end of the room is a door where five notches sit against the dark wood. _ _ _ _ _

PM me your guesses and then make sure to continue with the prompt! This is not the end!!

Ripley, Alice, Serena, and Samuel spend several minutes, possibly hours, procrastinating over the many available answers before someone finally shouts out the correct one. A loud click resounds through the room and a silver key erupts from a trap door in the ceiling, floating down to hover over their heads.

A tension spreads through the room. Only one team will make it through the door. Who will it be? Who will die? And who will be trapped in a tiny room with no way out?

-----------

You have one week. Good luck Apprentices! :D