First Encounters

Realm One: Treetop Base Capture

--Base Six--

Edwin and Penny split off from their team and end up moving slowly along the treetop course, struggling to keep their balance on the obstacles. Meanwhile, Millicent and James split from their team and are able to move quickly, switching between the different levels with ease.

Both teams find themselves at the same base, Edwin and Penny are cornered on a small platform between Millicent and James; who are balanced precariously on opposing obstacles. The base is only a few feet away with just a wire tightrope standing between the two teams and the treehouse.

Electrical currents crackle around Penny, a powerful forcefield encircles James, Millicent's already managed to steal Penny's power for herself, and Edwin has suddenly shifted from his solid form. Safety is at the treehouse, but the two teams need to fight each other first in order to get there.

Only one team can claim the base, who will it be? Which colored flag will fall into the hot lava? Who will end up falling off the course into the hot lava below? And who will just barely escape with their life but lose the base for their team in the process?

Realm Two: Underwater Atlantis Maze

--Riddle Five--

Diana and Dakota split off from their team and end up going right in the maze. Hannah and Zander split from their team too and decide to go left. The two teams travel aimlessly through the tunnels, enjoying the ruins of the city and watching the sea animals that swim just on the other side of the glass dome. Until both teams encounter a shimmering blue wall with the number five outlined within the door.

The apprentices approach the door warily, unsure of where it way go. But when they step through, they find themselves in a small four cornered room with a steel metal door on one wall and a huge glass screen where the shimmering wall had been just moments before. They're trapped.

Suddenly, words begin to scroll over the screen and a robotic female voice echoes throughout the riddle room. "Riddle Five: If two is company and three is a crowd, then what is four and five?" Both teams exchange confused glances, turning around they find that a series of places have appeared on the steel door.

_ _ _ _

The answer is four letters long. Private message me what you believe the answer to be and once you've gotten it then you can continue with the prompt.

The two teams banter for several minutes, maybe even hours, trying to decipher the answer until finally, one team manages to speak the corrrect answer. A loud click resonates through the room and a large silver key floats down from the ceiling. Both teams know only one team will be able to get the key and make it through the door.

What team will manage to capture the key and open the door? Who will lose their life in the fight? And will end up being left behind, stuck in that small room, with no way out?

-------------

Everyone has 96 hours (four days) to write the best versions they can. Make it creative and entertaining, make sure to take injuries into account (they've been healed 50% but they still exist), and also you are not required to collaborate with your partner but you can if you would like to.

Also, sorry this took so long to update. I typed it all out and then tried to publish it and poof, it just disappeared. So I had to type it all. But here it is!! I will not post any versions until the deadline has passed so voting is fair and no one can steal the riddle answer from the other team.

GOOD LUCK APPRENTICES!