Electric - Task Four

User: District_Tribute

Name: Casey Calvert

"Daniel!" My excited voice echoed through my room as he entered. I ran to him, throwing my arms around him and hugging him tightly. "I've missed you..."

He hugged me back gently. "I've missed you too."

I smiled brightly at him, now knowing that he is a Hybrid just like me. "This place is torture... It's like prison," I tell him.

"Your room does seem oddly like a cell," he said, chuckling.

But I didn't disagree with that. "Yeah... It does." I looked into his eyes, thinking back to what happened right before Thomas had come to get me to bring me back here.

He smiled at me. "Well, we should get going to the Banquet, right? Wouldn't want to miss that..."

I sighed. "Yeah... Guess not." I took his hands. "It's good to see you, Daniel..."

He removed one of his hands from mine and brushed a strand of hair out of my face. "It's good to see you too, Casey..."

"This might be one of the last times we see each other for awhile..." I said, sadly.
"It'll be okay, though..." he reassured. "Everything'll be okay..."

"Daniel... I don't want to go to the Exams..." I said, trying to hold back my tears. "I want to go home..." One tear managed to escape, and cascade down my face.

Daniel noticed it, and wiped the tear away gently. "You'll be okay. I know you'll be okay."

"I'm scared, Daniel..."

"I know, Casey... I know," he said. "But you've got to be strong, okay? Be strong."

I nodded, leaning against him and hugging him tightly still. "Thank you for being my escort to the Banquet."

He returned my smile and said, "Anything to see you again."

I took his hand again, and I led him to the door. "Come on. We better get going." I opened it, and slowly peeked my head outside. I saw Kate and Thomas walking down the long corridor, and several other Apprentices were opening their doors too.

"I still can't believe you're a Hybrid," I told Daniel as we exited my room.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you thinking that I was a freak," he said.

I smiled. "I didn't tell you for that reason, either."

"Well... Now we don't have to hide it from each other," he said, giving my hand a tight squeeze.

The smile on my face seemed permanent. 'I'm so glad Daniel is here...' I thought to myself as we followed Kate and Thomas to the transport dock. I looked at Daniel again. He wore a nice tux that made him look really attractive-- more attractive than he already was.
Then my eyes looked down at my own attire. A long, dark blue dress. I wasn't one to wear dresses all the time... But it looked amazing.

Before long, we neared the transport dock, and as soon as they saw Kate, the three members of the Gaurde opened the doors.

Everyone, including Daniel and I, walked into the metal room. And once all of us were inside, the doors were closed, and we were surrounded by darkness.

I gripped Daniel's hand tighter, holding my breath, waiting to see what would happen next.

Then, light filled the room. Glowing light with red streaks... All coming from the medallion around Kate's neck.

I took a step back, wondering what was going to happen now. My heart raced faster and faster. Then... I felt something close around my wrist, and I looked down at it.

A silver bracelet appeared on it, and I KNEW it hadn't been there before.

"What is that?" Daniel asked, meaning the bracelet.

I shrugged. "I don't know..." I looked around, and saw that all of the other Apprentices were wearing them too. They looked just as confused as I was.

"This is weird..." I told Daniel. "Really weird..."

"I'm sure this is completely normal..." he said, though he sounded unsure of that himself.

And suddenly... We were in a different room.  Someone called out, asking where we were, and Kate explained it. We were in the Banquet Hall. Kate also explained how everything we would go.

Soon, the doors to the Banquet were opened. Kate and Thomas were introduced first, the crowd erupting with cheering and clapping. Then, the first Apprentice from Dream was introduced with their escort.

Next up was the first Apprentice from Electric. To be quite clear... Next up was me.

Daniel linked arms with me, and together we walked into the Banquet room.

***

Daniel offered me his hand and led me to the dance floor. All of the other Apprentices were headed that way with their escorts as well, and Kate and Thomas were too.
I smiled and went with him without hesitation. The music started playing, and all of us began dancing in sync, like we knew what to do already.

I just paid attention to Daniel the entire time as we moved gracefully. 'I might not get to see him that often anymore, after the Exams...' I sighed, thinking about that. But I made up my mind that for tonight, I was going to forget about all that stuff.

The song seemed to end all too quickly. I didn't want it to end... I wanted to dance with Daniel forever.

'Why am I feeling this way all of a sudden...?' I wondered as we stopped dancing and he took my hand again. 'It's not like I have feelings for him... Do I?'

"Daniel," I said, before I could stop myself.

"Yeah?" he replied, looking at me curiously.

"I have something to tell you..." I said, swallowing hard. 'I have to get this over with...'

"Okay! Go for it."

I took a deep breath. "I think... I think I have feelings for you..."

For a minute, he just stared at me. But... Then a smile appeared on his face. And the smile he wore brought a smile to my face too.

Slowly, I pulled him closer to me, and I brought my lips to his. 'This is perfect...' I thought as the two of us stood there, kissing each other gently.
And when we pulled apart, I could think of nothing else but him. It was like the Exams didn't even exist, and we wouldn't have to ever be apart from each other.

I sighed contently, feeling so happy in that moment. I looked around the magnificent Banquet room for a minute, admiring its beauty.

I saw Zander and Hannah in the room, both talking to different people they knew. Hannah had seen Daniel and I kiss, and I could see the smirk on her face.

Daniel and I walked around the room together, never leaving each others side, and we talked to different Hybrids. They all said encouraging things to me, which was really... Encouraging.

I felt less intimidated, and more... At peace, as the night went on. I was constantly reminded that we weren't here as prisoners, and that made me feel a lot better.

Kate made an important speech, and everyone turned their attention towards her to listen. It was a nice speech, too. One that I could actually listen to without getting bored.

And after that, Daniel pulled me back out to the dance floor. He kissed me again, and we began dancing once more.

That night was amazing. For the first time, I hadn't been nervous for the Exams. I knew the Exams were coming incredibly soon. But I just... Wasn't nervous anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: THGF1234

Name: Cole Characin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: booksnifferO_O

Name: Penny