Mind - Task Three

User: Rdmwrites

Name: Ripley Korina Alician

I didn't want to change. I had dance clothes, booty shorts and a sport bra, that I someone kept with me throughout my stay. I wore them often, in my cell. They made me feel like I wasn't being forced into my certain death against a bunch of strangers with weird abilities. Then again, I was one of the strangers with weird abilities. Throughout my training with Alice, I've learned that I can stop communications between the senses- amusing blindness, inability to feel. It's even more terrifying than before.

Today i had to change, since Tomas had been yelling at me through my door for the past hour. I hadn't answered him, but he knew I was in here. Sighing, I grabbed the clothes rom my bed, that had been laid out by someone while I was training. They weren't too bad- a simple pair of black leggings, and a white tee shirt. My boots sat at the edge of the bed, and I stepped into them easily. Another small part of my past life. The door opened with a small push, and I glanced back at my reflection in the spotless steel, touching each of my completely visible ribs gently. I still hadn't eaten more than a tiny portion of my usual meals in the past days, which is less than you'd imagine. I never ate much anyways, back when I used to be a dancer.

Tomas didn't talk as he led me into Kate's office. She gave me a warm smile and gestured for me to sit down, as Tomas nodded and closed the door with a soft click behind him. " Hello- Ripley, correct?" I didn't answer, glancing around the bare room. "Alright then Ripley. Ill get straight into it. How do you feel about being a keeper apprentice?"

" You mean besides the fact I'm pulled from my dysfunctional life into some bizarre world where everyone has crazy weird powers and most people have been training Thor whole lives for this? Just dandy."

" No need to be so rude," huffed Kate. " Do you think you have what it takes to be the keeper?"

"No. Not power wise, anyways. But in intelligence, yes. I know how to run your own life, take care of yourself and others. And leading has always been easy for me."

" What's you greatest weakness?"

" Im an unstable person, health wise. I hurt myself unintentionally, and I can't stop. I ruin my life, while killing myself for doing so."

" Greatest strength?" Asked Kate impassively. This girl didn't show a hint of emotion.

" Im smart. I have a dancer's body, meaning I'm quick on my feet and light, I know how to handle myself. I have confidence, and I know how to take care of myself, without other people."

"How far are you willing to go to become keeper?"

" I've got nothing left to return to, so I've got nothing left to lose."

" on a scale of one to ten, how well would you rate your ability to control your gift?"

" Since I haven't had much time, I'd say around a seven. I don't know what I'm doing, but it works. There's an open space where the mind is, if it's not blocked off, and I can easily click into it. Everything from their is just within my reach."

" Do you feel cheated, not being able to train since you were young?"

" Do I feel cheated?" I repeated the question back to her, raising an eyebrow. " No. I feel better about myself, knowing I had a childhood. Even though it was a short and terrifying one."

" Do you feel prepared for e exams after your training here in our facilities?"

" Yes. No!" I sighed, wracking my head with the heel of my hand. " I don't know. I know what I'm doing, more or less, so I'm as ready as ill ever be."

" Does becoming the keeper or part of the guarde excite or terrify you?"

" I don't even know. Terrify, probably. I'm used to hiding in dark tunnels under the city, alone. I'm not sure ill be able to start something completely new like this."

" What would be your first order as keeper?" She seemed extra interested in is one, leaning forward slightly.

" I don't know. What do keepers do? It seems like you just tell new guys about the games, and then die. Is that what happens?" Kate shot me a dirty look. I suppose she's very protective about her job.

" What qualities do you think it takes to become a keeper?"

" Bravery, confidence, being a leader, sacrifice-" I paused, trying to think of more. "That seems like it." Kate was much more pleased with this answer, pursing her lips and giving a small nod of approval.

" Well, that's all I need to know. Goodbye Ripley. Good luck." I didn't answer, pursing some hair out of my face and stepping out of the room. I didn't talk on the way back to my cell, or while I was training. I didn't eat the dinner they brought to my room either. It seemed as though Kate was the only one who got to hear my voice. Which was fine by me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: AllieCat8

Name: Dakota Bennett

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: I_like_chocolate1

Name: Hazel de Nile