Wraith - Task One

User: THGF1234

Name: Edwin Silverne

I was falling.

The flames licked up the walls around me. I had a job as a factory worker, as a poor person who lived in West Virginia, USA. I received little money for my daily wage. And now I thought my life was going to end.

It all started with a mine explosion that started the fire that was burning around me. The warmness licked up my falling body. I would soon die as a young boy at six years old.

That was when I felt a sort of feeling of power like I could morph into the flames. I thought of the forest near the factory I lived in and whoosh.

I opened my eyes to the dark trees. I saw a pair of eyes, watching me carefully, then in a second, was gone.

I pulled myself up and ran toward the crowd. They saw me and pulled me up. I soon was in my parents' hands.

We went home soon after. They told me of the Exams and my gift, Wraith. I used the power when I needed it.

I practiced for a long time until a week from my thirteenth birthday, I was kidnapped.

When I woke, I saw the dark eyes.

The same dark eyes I had seen twelve years before. He named himself as Thomas and to stay calm as he knows about my Gift and told me I was chosen for the Exams.

He asked me to show my Gift to him. I warped onto the table and broke into his mind. He groaned and shook his head for a moment. He smiled and shook my hand.

Then he passed me a small pendant and a note.

Dear Edwin,
We know you would been picked for the Exams.
We had to let you go. We know you can win. But you don't have to do it alone.
You have this. The pendant. We love you always.
Love,
Mom and Dad

That was the last part of my life I had left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: HungerGamesWolf

Name: Luke

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: alixsmile

Name: Leandra

I turned around. There was something hidden in that bush. My heart raced, spreading fresh oxynated blood throughout my body as I increased in alertness.

I stepped a few steps back, praying that whatever was there wasn't a yellow lezard. Those discusting one meter long creatures were only good at causing trouble and injecting hot venomous liquid in human veins.

Ahhh!

I felt my body fall backwards as I tryed to hold on to something, something that could help me stay on the ground. I had forgotten about the canyon and had fallen into it.

I couldn't think properly. My hands were going from rock to rock, progessivly sliding more deeply in the canyon.

And then there were no more rocks to hold me back.

.......

I felt a strange tickling sensation in my  fingertips and something warm  hitting my eyelids. 

" Twenty kilometers, not bad for a first time."

My eyes shot open. A middle-aged man with a beard was standing in front of me, his muscular arms holding something my sun-blinded eyes had a hard time distinguishing. Was that a letter?

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My dear Leadra, I have the honor of inviting you to participate in thr keeper's exam."

He examined my confused expression before continuing his speech, "Not as if you really had the choice either."