Psychic - Task Four

User: S-and-S

Name: Jaime Nicholi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: CutePonies1234

Name: Ruby Savard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: PJHDstoryteller

Name: Roman Grey

The moment we walk into the big room for the Apprentice Banquet, a bracelet appeared on our wrists. Everyone looked at it in surprise, but it didn't really faze me. I've figured that anything could happen here.

Lana gasped from next to me, her hand squeezing my arm.

I looked at her and smiled, "It's probably nothing important."

She smiled at me. She looked nice in her dress. I was wearing a black tuxedo. It was a bit too fancy for my taste but it would do for now.

Kate looked at us and said, "The bracelets will prevent you from using your powers, that's all." She smiled then, "Now we will call you all one by one to sit at the table. Try to enjoy."

Noah was standing next to us and he nodded at me. I was worried he wouldn't show up, but here he was. I smiled slightly at him. He looked away.

At the table, Lana sat in the middle, with Noah on her left and me on her right. I smiled at Noah, "Glad you made it."

He just looked away.

"Cool place, isn't it? Pretty impressive they could do all of this." I said, looking around the room.

"Yeah, it's really nice." Lana said.

"The food should be better." I laughed.

Lana smiled, "Better be."

Noah looked around the table at all the other apprentices. I smiled at him, "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

He looked at me, then laughed darkly, "Probably not." He said.

I smirked, "Well, I was thinking we should check out all the other apprentices. You know, see what we're up against."

Lana nodded, "Sounds good."

Noah shrugged, "I can already tell."

Lana looked at him, surprised, "Really?"

"Yeah." He didn't seem to want to elaborate.

"Care to tell?" I asked.

He looked over at me, "What? Can't you do it yourself smart boy?"
My smile faded away, and my fist clenched under the seat. Noah kept staring at me, as if he was silently challenging me. His gaze burned in to me, and I was about to look away when Lans suddenly called out, "Oh look! They brought the food."

She pointed and we both looked. There were people bringing heaps of steaming food to the table, and I hear my stomach rumble.

Lana touched my arm lightly. I looked at her. She whispered to me, "let's just have some fun tonight, ok? Tomorrow the exams start. Please don't fight."

I glance at Noah, who had seemed to have lost interest in me. I sigh, looking back at her. "Ok, whatever."

I lean back into my chair as they bring us food. Before we eat though, Kate gives a speech, which I don't really pay much attention to. I'm busy looking around the table at everyone else. Most of them looked tired or scared.

Suddenly, everyone was clapping. I broke out of my stupor to see that Kate was finished.

Clumsily, I picked up my fork, accidentally hitting it against Lana's cup.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

After a while, everyone got up from the table to meet family that were coming in. Lana waved at me and ran off. Noah and I stood to the side of the room as people started to come in, not wanting to get in the way.

I wondered if my family was coming, but I doubted it. They never really cared much, not to mention the fact that my mom had two kids to worry about back home; alone.

I sighed and looked up at Noah, who seemed to be lost in thought as well.

"So," I said, "Did you see that girl-"

Noah interrupted me, "We're in an alliance, Roman. We're not friends."

I closed my mouth. "I was just trying to make a conversation. Maybe if you actually talked to people, you wouldn't be so lonely."

Noah turned to me, his face a mask of rage. I stood my ground, even though I was internally screaming.

All he did was say, "Leave."

And I'm not stupid, so I did, leaving him standing off to the side, alone.

I didn't know where to go, and my family wasn't coming, so I looked around the room, looking for a place to sit.

After the meetings, I saw a girl with purple hair standing by herself. As the music started to play, I walked over to her and offered my hand to her.

"Who me?" She asked, I nodded

We danced around, spinning in a rhythm. As we were dancing, I asked her name.

She smiled at me and said, "Maris Gold."

Her name suited her, she looked priceless. The purple highlights in her hair made her look even cooler. I liked this girl, and she wasn't bad at dancing either.

"I'm Roman, a psychic apprentice." I said.

"Psychic, huh? Cool."

"And you?"

"Wildlife. I would gladly give you a demonstration of my power, but ah," she glanced at the bands around our wrists.

I laughed, "Yeah that's a bummer."

I glanced at her hair and she caught me looking. "Sorry." I smirked, "Just wondering, is there a story to the color?"

She shrugged, "There are too many blond assassins out there. Last month it was blue; I'm keeping it changed, keeps the police from finding you. What about you, any secrets?"

I smirked, "Not really, aside from the fact that I've got family problems and I've got dreams that can wake me up screaming like a baby, I'm cool." I laughed.

"Wow, weakness right off the bat." She said questioningly, "I was wondering dancing boy, why did you extend your hand to me?"

"You won't be able to hurt me with that information, but I must say, you're good." I stopped dancing. "And why wouldn't I wanna dance with you?"

She raised her eyebrow at me, and I chuckled, "Laugh a little ok? It was the hair that caught my eye. I'm glad you accepted though."

She smiled lightly, which made me happy, "For your information," she said, "I happen to laugh a lot." We continued dancing and she wrapped her arms around my neck, "And another tidbit, I can use anything to hurt you."

I smirked, "There you go." I dipped her and said, "When we're actually in the games, I can use my powers and then I'll be in your head." I pulled her up, "I'm always two steps ahead of you."

"Well then, speaking of the exams, I was wondering if you'd like to ally yourself with me and my friend Andreana." She pointed at her blond spinning ally.

I looked at Andreana, then back at Maris, "Sorry, I've already got my own team. But if it's any consolation, I really hope I don't have to kill you."

The music ended and we stilled. I kissed her cheek.

"Pleasure dancing with you." I said.

I gave her a small wave and walked away, leaving her staring at the wall.

I smiled, hoping she would make it through to the end. Hoping I could see her again alive and well. And well... Beautiful.