Post-Exams Task One - All

User: Rdmwrites

Name: Ripley Korina Alician

At least this outfit fits me. It was a black body suit, with red designs, which didn't look too bad for me. I swiped up the emerald from the banquet a couple nights ago, before following one of the members of the Guarde from my room. I'm lead through the maze of bland, concrete halls, and down what seems to be a manhole. Well, I want lead down this one, they just pointed to it, and I assumed that's where I had to go. But looking back up, I can see the cover has been covered, and I'm alone in a little room, with a cot being the only piece f furniture. For the first time in weeks, I want my cell back.

There's plexiglass around me, and two others to my right. The girl, Hazel de Nil, and the other mind apprentice, who I never seem to remember the name of. I'm about to call out to them, when suddenly, the room is thicker. There's gas, I realize, flooding in from either side. I scream, scrambling back and hitting the plexiglass behind me. My head slams against the wall, and pain shoots through me, as the world starts spinning. My knees slam into the ground, and my hand unclenches, the emerald I had been guarding so carefully skimming across the floor, I scramble toward it, on my knees now, the world falling out of focus.

What's happening? I think, wrapping my hand around the emerald again. I'm going into the darkness, falling away from the world. I'm not ready yet, I'm not ready yet. I'm not good enough to make it through. I ruin myself, I've destroyed myself. I wish I hadn't starved myself, for that perfect dancer body. I wish I didn't push myself so much in training. The world is falling away, and i collapsed at the foot of the bed, my head hitting the metal lining as collapse onto the cold concrete. Something warm trickles down my face, and the world fades away as one final thought passes through my mind.

I'm not good enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: ZzzLazyZzz

Name: Noah Spooner

When Noah came back from his walk,  he found a black suit with red designs placed along the side of his bed.  He picked it up and pulled at it,  realizing its rubbery quality.  He wondered whether it belonged to some other apprentice, and decided to put it aside.  But at that moment, his door flew open.

Noah backed away, a bitter scream forming in his throat.  It was a member of the Guarde; she was tall and muscular.  She beaconed Noah to follow her.  His legs were stiff cement, but he trudged behind her. He had no time to think about where he was going.  He walked down a brooding stairwell, his fingers tracing the vinyl walls.

The stairs now build upward, lacing into a manhole in the ceiling. 

"Get in," the lady said. 
Noah began to refuse,  but the lady plowed him through the manhole. 

Noah realized he was in a white room. Other physicals surrounded him,  but they were barricaded from each other. The Guarde woman had left,  and the manhole was slowly being shut. 

Noah rushed toward the manhole, trying to wrench it open.  But the metal lid only screeched. 

Noah was on his knees. The room was too small,  too suffocating. He felt the boredom settle in, and he felt the need to be entertained.

But his bracelet stripped him off his powers. The people around him were behind bars and plexiglass,  tantalizing him like inaccessible treasures. He was bored,  and he wanted to torment.

A puff of smoke crawled into the room,  making Noah feel faint as he breathed. His eyes started to see splotches of black. He could see glimpses of the other apprentices, but his head was losing control. His boredom was seeping away as quickly as it came.

He felt like he was dying, and the last thing he remembered was feeling happy about it.  

User: AvengingDemigod

Name: Maris Gold

So it here it was. The start of the end.
I was sitting in the corner of my room staring at the suit Drake left on my bed.
"Good luck," he told me. "I'll be watching."
I wonder what Andreana is doing right now. She hates this as much as I do, perhaps more. She might have just torn the suit to shreds at this point.
What about that boy Roman, I've thinking about him ever since the banquet. Man I wish he allied himself with me and Blondie. I will regret having to kill him if it comes to it. I stood up and pulled the suit on. I tossed my regular clothes into the wardrobe and looked at myself. The suit was skin tight, jet black, with random red swirls and designs twisting around it.
I wish I could leave this all behind.
Go home.
For weeks I have prepared for this moment, but now that it's here.....
I'm scared.
I have never had this empty feeling in my stomach, a light pulse in the back of my head telling me to turn into a dragon and book it out of there."
"I don't want to die," I dropped to my knees and tears dripped onto the floor.
Shut up. If there was anything the Black Dragons taught me, it was fear is an asset. Adrenaline is pumping through my body so quick I can move faster, jump higher, fight harder than I ever have in my life. I'm so alert it feels like time is slowing.
My fear is a superpower that I can add to my arsenal of reasons not to mess with me.
There was a knock at my door and I jumped. "It's time." I stood up and pulled my hair into a messy bun.
Let's do this.
I walked out and a member of the guarde led me down a route I've never before, away from the training grounds, away from the cafeteria and other dorms. We walked down a flight of stairs and the guarde pointed at a ladder. I looked at it and crossed my arms. "Yah I ain't doing that."
"Go," the guarde said gruffly.
I was about to curse at him when I saw the other wildlife apprentices, Hannah and Miles climbing up their own ladders. Hannah stopped for a moment to pet Macy then climbed up. I took a deep breathe and climbed hesitantly up. I ended up in a small white room, a cot lying against the wall. When I climbed off the ladder, a metal cover slid over it and I banged on it. I stood up and saw the other two looking around. I ran over to talk to them, but hit a wall of glass. I banged on the glass separating me and Hannah and waved. Suddenly she started coughing and fell onto her cot. I looked over at Miles and saw he was coughing too. I covered my nose with sleeve and tried slamming myself into the glass wall. I started to feel weak and lightheaded. I sat on the cot and shook my head, trying to get the clouds out.
"Fear is a superpower," I muttered as my vision started to darken.
Fear is a superpower.